So here I am....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by niallerc, Dec 8, 2003.

1. niallerc macrumors member

in the office, there's an xserve and xraid just out of the box sitting on the desk opposite, both delivered last week after a delay of about 3 weeks, configured xserve all set up and ready to go, but where's my dual channel fibre card, apple doesn't know, can't tell me when it will arrive (they're having supply shortages), bloody typical.

Meanwhile my previous 470gb RAID (configured as raid 5 has died and totally crapped up it's directory and all the files are corrupt and it's been happening for weeks without even Retrospect giving me a warning that files were corrupting (so 5 weekly backups there's files missing) so much for redundancy. And to top a bad week or two off I believe retrospect do not support the Fibre Channel card in the xserve, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I would say a very, very, but definatly a very bad word if this happend to me, even reading this brings words to mind that can have me expelled from this place...

3. niallerc thread starter macrumors member

Yup dreadnought I was at walk away stage, feck the job, the stress wasn't worth it, tried diskwarrior, norton everything on it to resurrect it and it didn't work, but I've up to 8 weeks backup on Exabyte tapes so should be relatively ok once I can start retrieving onto the XRAID. Once I have that up and running I'll do a manual rebuild on the old raid and see how that fares, if that's no good it's gettin wiped and starting again. ANd to add insult to injury I had to bring into the office my beloved dual g5 to keep things running and have a couple of 120 gb drives in my dual g4 just needed the capacity.

Ah well, anyway I'm off home, had enough of today already.

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

relax man and take a beer!:D Good luck with restoring everything!