so how illegal is this (if at all)

Discussion in 'Community' started by eva01, Jun 22, 2005.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

So i work at a hospital and they have their own in-house homepage for the internet.

this is a screen shot of it i took at work. notice the three OS X icons. I was just wondering if this was ok for them to do or not.

EDIT: oh yeah notice the name of the site as well iPortal

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I sometimes wonder that when I see webpages that use the windows icons. The only thing I know for sure is it's the sign of a lazy web designer.

3. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

yeah i may just have to bring it up with management and say that who ever did the site "took" icons that may be copyrighted and that i wouldn't want something bad to happen to the hospital (hopefully making it so i can design the next page) So i can be a lab assistant and the hospital's web designer

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I definitely think it's illegal. Now that being the case, just because it's illegal, I highly doubt microsoft will sue or anything, let alone find out. If by chance they did, they would most likely force you to take it off the site. Nothing terrible would happen. I don't think MS has any spare time to go around the internet looking at copyright infrigement on little websites. So yes, it's illegal. :)

5. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

It may technically be illegal, but no company wether it be Apple or Microsoft will bother to pursue anything like that. Most likely anyway, unless it was like...cnn.com or ebay or some other widely popular website.