So how is the ipad on the road?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hemoo, May 4, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Mar 9, 2008
    Good day all,

I’m a commuter, I have one hour trip everyday from home to work and vice versa by the bus. I’m so tempting to buy the ipad for web surfing, watching tv shows & movies, emails & reading comics during my ride. Did you use it for commutting? Is it good idea or not? Of course I’ll use it in my living room & during breaks too but the bus is my main reason.
    I also have iphone 3Gs but I think the bigger screen will make it more enjoyable :D
  2. macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    I answered an email while waiting in an insanely long line at Sonic yesterday.

that rocked! LOL!!

I don't have data on a phone, so being able to do that made my day. Yesterday was my first day out in the wild - and i got a TON done at the library during my kids art class... which happens to be in the part of the building the wifi doesn't reach.

Then, at speech therapy - again without wifi - i was able to share 2 web pages with moms for them to research something their kids have.

Really, i'm going to LOVE this thing!

As to watching tv on it - my daughter watched the last 10 minutes of a Bones episode on Netflix on our way out to a meeting at 6:30am, and was jealous she only has the wifi version :D

If i spent 2 hours a day commuting and had the need for the bigger screen - i'd go for it!
  3. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2008
    iPad on the road? Mine gets nasty asphalt scratches on it when I do that. :D

From a different perspective, I find my tablet kind of ostentatious when I pull it out on the subway. It also seems to attract more thieving eyes.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 9, 2008
    Thaaaanks! this really helped,,, glad to hear you enjoying it outside :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL,, sorry I forget to mention, it’s the company bus no thieves are allowed (hopefully :rolleyes:)
  5. macrumors 68000

Apr 13, 2009
    Middle England
    Well, as long as you're not the driver then you should be OK :p