So, how were your holidays?

Discussion in 'Community' started by ecche, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ecche macrumors regular

Dec 14, 2003
    a very kiwi place
    The holiday seasons seems to have come to an end now and I expect everyone to have gathered a few more precious memories to dwell on through the next 10 months.

My wife and I have extensively travelled the UK (as we are going to relocate to the UK later this year) and France. We thoroughly enjoyed Brighton and its surroundings (East Sussex is so beautiful!), the Peak District, Derbyshire and Wiltshire. After that we went on to Paris and had a few sunny days there, but on our way back home bad luck struck and our car broke down in the Metz region, so we had to leave it there to be repaired and hired a nice Audi A4 estate to travel on to be home on our wedding anniversary which is today.

So, how were your holidays?
  2. Davito macrumors member

Jun 16, 2004
    Zurich, Switzerland
    I went for one week of sailing along the coast of Croatia. A friend of mine has a sailing licence and invited me and my wife to join him.
    It's such a beautiful place :) . Darkblue clear sea, rocky coast, pittoresque little villages... Let Croatia be a part of the EU as fast as possible :rolleyes: .
  3. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I left Canada in the winter, experienced Australian fall and winter, and now that winter is almost over in Australia, I'll be moving back to Canada in a few months.....during the winter.

What's summer? :(
  5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    No holidays for me this summer, I took 6 weeks at the beginning of the year, traveling half of the earth, I guess my next holidays will be for X-mas but maybe 2 weeks, no more and next summer we will try to travel a next quarter of the earth and the next summer the other quarter ... by now, hello from my workplace @ 32 °C :eek: there is an oven 20 mts from me @ 600 °C ... :p gotta love my job!
  6. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I started the summer with two weeks in Venice/Rome/Paris. Then home for three weeks. Then Seattle for a week and a half. Then a week in Alabama/New Orleans, and a week in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Europe in general and Roman food in particular was definitely the highlight of the summer.
  7. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003
    just one week in cancun for the best parties i've ever been to.
  8. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2003
    London, Ontario
    My holidays were good. Did the weekend warrior thing.

Partied hard on the weekends and worked through the week.
  9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I just got back from 2 weeks in Kavos, Corfu. Beautiful...and a lot of fun at night ;) :D I've never relaxed, ate, and drank so much in my life all at once.

Really don't wanna go back to work Monday in the slightest :(