so i cancelled my online order and bought one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evanrousso, Sep 19, 2006.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    Thats right, I was sick of waiting for my macbook to ship so I canceled my order and drove down to micro center to buy a new macbook.

So far so good. This is my first mac and OSX is going to take some getting used to, but im sure ill figure it out. I am kind of tinkering around with everything trying to get the hang of the different layout. I like it but it a lot different from Windows XP. Hopefully it wont take long to grasp.

I am now officially a mac user!
  2. hcuar macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2004
    Gratz... and welcome.

It's a life changing experience (says the prior mac hater).

That being said, in no time you'll be driving people nuts with the, "Oh my, that'd never happen on my Mac at home" comments.
  3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    haha.. we all get a little prissy after not too long, don't we?
  4. NATO macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    I keep doin it all the time even without realising it, and sometimes I really have to hold it in, even though I'm dying to say so :p

It's infectious.
  5. evanrousso thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    i love the macbook and all...i do have some complaints/comments/questions

First of all it runs WAY TOO HOT. Even after I installed the new firmware it is still blazin. Is it best to leave it running or to turn it off at night when im finshied with it and let it cool down.

I swear I charged it all night and I woke up this morning and the battery was dead (yes the indicator light on the plug was orange last night and green this morning)

OSX comes with way too many unnecessary apps that took up a 3rd of my hard drive space.
  6. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    You CAN delete the apps you don't need. Just don't touch the utilities folder.
  7. evanrousso thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    where do I find all of those printer drivers and language files in OSX?