So I caved in...

Discussion in 'Games' started by risc, Aug 10, 2006.

1. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Well it has happened, I pre-ordered a Wii today. Now to get on some game sites and see if there are any games I'd actually want to play. ;)

2. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

me too:mad:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So you caved in without knowing what games you want or seemingly have no reason? no matter the machine that's a silly thing to do :)

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well congrats on your purchase risc- let us know if you find any good games that you want to play. :)

6. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I pre-ordered two days ago (Toys'R Us Canada). They're supposed to call us to ask us which color we want once they're ready to order them.

Should I go with White (like my Nintendo DS) or Black (like my Gamecube and the rest of my audio/video components)?

7. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

could i ask how much it cost in american money (U.S) to preorder a wii, could you tranlate the canadian to US dollers...i wat to preorder a wii but the US cant.....and my mom says i should just wait until the get a second shipmint when everyone already has a wii, but if the pre order cost like $15 i would soo gt it,, (i am paying for it) and i DEFENETLY need to pre order zelda on the wii, does any one know how much that would cost to pre order?

im gonna get a white won to be BLACK and whit sitting next to my Macbook!!

8. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

ZELDA........ZELDA........ZELDA........ZELDA........

9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Guess the MacRumors Wii Hype Machine converts another one. :)

10. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Can we pre-order the lady Wii? I'd do that without knowing what games I wanted the play!

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

GAME are doing something silly - "register your interest in the Wii today". Which is so far from actually preordering. Though i'll probably be preordering a Wii ASAP, with the full amount too just so I won't accidentally spend the money and be assured one on launch day.

12. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

Considering how secretive Nintendo are and all I've seen are a bunch of games that look like GameCube games it really was nothing more than a impulse buy. I've owned every other Nintendo home console though and they haven't let me down, and when praxis mentioned the support for old TG16 games I was pretty much sold. What pushed me over the edge though was my manager told me he was pre-ordering 1 next week.

I've checked the Wii section of GameSpot and I stand by my initial comment of not seeing any games I like (yet), hopefully there is a game show coming up soon where Nintendo actually show stuff that doesn't look like tech demos running on GameCubes. Having said that I agree that the new Zelda looks amazing.

To answer jimmi on "So you caved in without knowing what games you want or seemingly have no reason? no matter the machine that's a silly thing to do" - actually I pre-order nearly every console I've owned before there is any real information out there. I usually find myself grabbing stuff from Japan so I really don't have a choice. Both my original DS and PSP arrived here from the first batch in Japan and I had no idea what either could really do. The good thing about ordering early though is someone will always buy it on eBay. ;)

As long as I don't have to wait too long for Mario Kart Wii I'm happy with my purchase.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I would have to agree with you oldnavy1918- Zelda! :D :)

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! but stiil how much to pre order zelda and the wii?

15. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

me three. (call of Duty 3 is the launch title i'm getting; mario galaxy when released.)

16. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

no zelda????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ...how much for preorder?

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i'll probably get Zelda but i don't usually under stand it.
    don't know dude... nintendo needs to get their stuff together. i'm pulling my hair out here... (although this press conference they're having in Germany (?) on the 23rd sounds pretty promissing.)

18. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

I preoredered my Wii here in the US at FYE a couple months ago. I was only number two and they had been doing it for a while. Might want to call them up and see how many they have on their list. Some employees are more knoledgeable than others. I called and was told they were doing pre-orders but when I got there the guy said we weren't and it took him 20 min to figure out how to.