So I did a stupid thing...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by headluck, Mar 19, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2011
    From my Snow Leopard partition, I started up the OS X Lion image to install (I was hoping to do a simple upgrade on my main partition- stupid, I know). The computer restarted and the Lion Installer began and prompted me to choose a HD to install to, but my Macintosh HD did not show up.

So, now I am unable to boot into my original Snow Leopard OS. The only options I have are "OS X Installer" and "Windows HD" when holding down the option immediately after starting my iMac. It seems as if OS X Installer has replaced my original "Macintosh HD." My files are still accessible by booting into Windows.

Is there anyway I can unmount the OS X Installer and boot into my original Snow Leopard partition? I've tried inserting the Install disc that came with the computer (Leopard), but it does not recognize Macintosh HD, so I can't install it.

Any solutions or thoughts?
  2. simsaladimbamba

Nov 28, 2010
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2011
    It doesn't display the Macintosh HD partition, but does show the drive as a whole. But I can't do any disk repairs or anything of the sort to it.
  4. macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Aug 9, 2007
    You might be able to rescue it with either testdisk or DiskWarrior. I've recovered similar problems in the past.