So I Got Gears Of War Off Ebay....

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Mar 12, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

and it's been a week since the end of the auction and I haven't gotten it. I wrote the guy 2 e-mails and no response. The guy has %100 percent feedback so it's kind of puzzling. The shipping method wasn't specified. Should I wait a little longer? When's the general consensus on when to file a dispute. I'd wait a longer if he had responded and told me how and when he had shipped the item. What do you guys think?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

File a dispute. It might kick him into replying to you.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

1 week isn't long enough IMHO. The guy at best probably sent it Priority Mail which takes 3 or so days from the mailing date, which was probably a few days after the auction ended. Or it it was sent slower (Media Mail even, very slow) it could still take a while.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

email him. ask him how he sent it. at least then you have a time frame of when to expect it.

5. FullCollapse macrumors regular

i would give it maybe another day or two. i'd say longer but you said the seller has not contacted you back.

i bought call of duty 2 for mac on ebay about three weeks ago... still haven't received it. i filed a claim and now it's a dispute (i think) so basically now it's up to paypal to see what happens.

shipping should only have taken up to two weeks. i never received a tracking number for the package. it was paid for within 24 hours. he's been in contact the whole time, and he said that in the auction he specifically said that if i didn't buy insurance for it, he would be unwilling to do a refund. so yeah, we'll see what happens. i'll be pissed if i don't get my money back.

6. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's what I asked in the 2 emails. I didn't get a response. I paid on the day the auction ended. If he sent priority it should be here by now. I'll wait a few more days.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My rule of thumb is to wait 5-6 business days. If it is anything before that I do not get wiggly.

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

I can't imagine folks sending priority for a game...media mail and make a bit extra from the shipping charges is pretty normal on ebay...and media mail is dang slow.

Paul

9. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I don't care how he shipped it, but it would be nice to know. I don't know why he can't respond to my emails.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep that's what would irk me. 2 mails in an no response ? :eek:

11. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'd email him once more. If there are still no replies, request his contact info and call him. If you call two times and there's no answer, then file claims with eBay and Paypal (assuming you paid through Paypal). Any time I haven't gotten an item and I filed a claim through Paypal, the situation was rectified quickly, either with a) a tracking number or b) a refund.

12. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Shouldn't this thread be moved to 'Marketplace'?

I mean, thread title could have been 'So I got an item off ebay' and all responses generated so far would still be appropriate in the new context.

13. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you believe the thread should be elsewhere then report it. But if it belonged anywhere else it would be Buying Advice as this isn't a sale.

14. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

SamIchi, you ever hear from this joker?
    Give us an update bro :D

15. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea actually I got it today. I was in class and my bro called me to tell me it came today. I've never experienced a transaction like this. I don't usually buy on Ebay all that often, but sellers usually reply and I get the item within a week.

I also queried this in the eBay community and I guess people have like 20 days to ship and item. That's hella long IMO, and you don't have to answer to E-mails if you don't want to. :rolleyes: I never knew that, but now I know. I'll be lookin for sellers with confirmed ship dates and such now. :D

Update: Ahh bad news I came home only to find that it has everything except the game disc. What a bitch. Effen A, now I'm goin to go another week without playin this game. Frick on a stick! The auction was for the limited edition Gear of War no where did it say, "does not include actual game" WTF! And he had shipped it Priority, so it should've been at my house within a week atleast. I'm pissed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290087959278&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

16. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It looks like he might be pushing his luck, as no where on the ebay listing does it show the disc ? or mention it in the description. I realise you epxect a game, but it looks like this fella is a tricksta and pushing his luck...

Hope you get it sorted.

Was 'ANY' disc included ? There should be 2

18. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea considering the default product description of the "Limited Edition Gears Of War" was provided by eBay, I think that warrants me the game. Other wise I wouldn't have bidded.

There was a bonus disc in there, but that was it. I was so pumped to play it. I also think it was missing part of the inner case. I dunno though I've never seen the actual contents, new. If anyone has the limited edition I'd appreciate the help. I think the thing also had a plastic sleeve, like the Halo limited edition. I think that's what was in the picture.

19. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

It should have a plastic outer slipcase, the tin, then you open the tin and it has the hardcover concept/render art book, underneath that is the game manual, underneath that is the cardboard piece that has both the game disc and the extras disc. There's also a 48hr Live trial in there as well...I think that's it.

Edit everything in his picture is what it comes with, but I guess he's a scammer since he wasn't decent enough to open the cardboard piece to show the 2 discs.

I'd contact the SOB and threaten him for being a scammer. Nowhere in the auction does it state the game disc isn't included, IMHO this is a scam artist/punishable offense in the eyes of the law. I'd just contact him once and tell him that if he doesn't reply in 24 hrs you'll report him and then do it if he doesn't comply.

20. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks for the desciption. It's missing Live Trial and the plastic sleeve which were both shown in the picture he had provided.

Another question about the "cardboard piece" that holds the discs, is the back of it just white cardboard?

I've sent an email, but I'm probably not goin to get a response since he didn't respond to my other messages. Which is fine by me I'd rather dispute through PayPal or eBay. I'll give him till tonite to repsond.

21. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

wow man, that totally sux. i feel for you - don't let this guy get a way with it. there has to be some implied agreement about what you're getting with an item description like "Mint condition collector's edition of Gears of War."

i did notice that under the "additional information" box, he took out a lot of the info that's displayed on other's people's listings (like this one or this one)

hope you get it worked out.

22. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks, I see what you mean, but the description that was given should be beough to warrant me a game.

I appreciate all the support. :D

23. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Yeah, the cardboard has a white background and the corners on the one side are rounded/cut out so you can pull it out of the tin.

What an @$$...yeah I'd be pissed man, that's BS. Bad enough he didn't send the plastic overlay, but that's just f'd up he doesn't even put the game disc in there. Aargh...I'm pissed off and I wasn't the one who bought it. :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Sorry bro, that sucks. You'll get restitution though, you'll at least get your money back I guarantee you that. I saw someone get sued on Judge Judy for a cell phone listing selling 2 phones and what did she send the seller for their $600 bucks? 2 copies of a picture of the phone. So if nothing else, Judge Judy will make this jerk look like an idiot on national tv and give you your money back if Paypal doesn't do the right thing. :) I'm sure they will though; any time I've filed a dispute through Paypal, I've gotten a refund (happened twice).

24. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks again, yea, I'm not too worried, just sucks I have to go through this. My 360 launch (I bought everything on eBay within a 3 days, console, controllers, *cough*game, and live sub) would've gone smoothly except this. Oh well, can't have everything work out perfect.

25. applekid macrumors 68020

You could approach the seller yourself with contacts (as recommended by eBay), but if he doesn't reply, you certainly should dispute it through PayPal or eBay. I've been screwed over a couple of times but I always got some kind of restitution.

- I bought a cell phone battery that was listed as new but received a used one. Seller didn't reply for a couple of days (some big time cell phone accessory seller, too) so I went through PayPal and eBay channels. I ended up getting a full refund.
    - I bought a GameCube game that was listed as new but turned out to be used. I talked this one out with the seller, but he only gave me like $5 because he wanted it back to sell it himself but I told him no. I gave him negative feedback for scamming me and he obviously did the same for me for being a "stupid eBayer."

Surprised by the 100% positive feedback. Damn shame. Good luck on getting all or some of your money back.