So, I have a Wii, but.....

Discussion in 'Games' started by ghall, Jan 4, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

....I need a good game for it (besides Zelda, I already have the GC version). Sure, Wii Sports is fun, but I can imagine that it could get really boring after a while. Any good games that make good use of the Wiimote? Also, are ay of the Virtual Console games any good?

2. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

I love Rayman, Trauma Centre, and Excite Truck, in that order of preference.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Trauma Center looks like an interesting concept, but it didn't look any good to me. Is it really worth the money?

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

There are a whole bunch of awesome gamecube titles out there. They may not use the wiimote, but they are still fun.

Some of my favorites are Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: Wind Waker, and of course, my all time favorite game, Super Smash Bros. Melee. Make sure you buy a wavebird to play these though, as I personally think the classic controller is kind of "wii-k" (weak, get it?).

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Isn't that sort of the inherent problem w/ asking strangers what sorts of games they like? Just because x people like a game, doesn't mean you necessarily will.

You could try renting it, right?

I'm not much of a gamer and I just got the Wii... but I got a huge kick out of Wii Sports' boxing and I just started playing Rayman's RR. :D I found myself giggling aloud to myself at some of the games. Definitely seems to be worth my money thus far.

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Trauma Center is good fun. Kind of a wonky J-Drama version of Operation. Raving Rabbids is also a good time, albeit one that's more geared toward multiplayer. I've heard very good things about Elebits.

8. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I actually have several GameCube games. Love every single one, which is why I'm glad the Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube discs. I just would like some games designed for the Wii. I guess that's the problem with consoles when they first come out. There aren't many good games for them.

9. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Yeah, it looks like a pretty cool game. That's definitaly on my list for future game purchases.

10. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Excite Truck. I was hesitant, but now that I own it, I LOVE it. The speed, the speed, the speed! As close to F-Zero GX as you can get so far on the Wii, boost, boost, boost!
    GOD. So fun.

11. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

12. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I played COD3 on the wii, its decent, the graphics are pretty good, but the lack of any sort of multiplayer really hinders the potential.

On a side note:
    Does anyone know when nintendo plans to launch online play?

13. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I think Trauma Center: Second Opinion (the Wii version) is a lot of fun. And w/it's three difficult settings it can be less frustrating than the DS version which is pretty hard at times.

Lethal

14. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

rayman and i hrd SUPER MONKEY BALL is really fun

15. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

anyone wanna trade wii red steel for wii trauma center?
    Andreas

16. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Just curious, have you tried Mario Kart on the Wii? Do the motion sensor affect the driving?

17. therevolution macrumors 6502

There is no Mario Kart for Wii yet...

GameCube games don't work with the Wii controller, so if you're referring to Mario Kart: Double Dash, the answer is obviously no.

18. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Mario Kart has not even been announced for the Wii, let alone released. If you're referring to Mario Kart Double Dash for the GC, then it MUST be played with the GC controller. The Wiimote is automatically disabled in GC compatibility mode.

19. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

20. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Yeah, what DO you like? I'm loving the DBZ game right now, just because - early frustrations aside - it's pretty immersive with the special moves. But a prerequisite for that is liking DBZ to some degree. Hope to have an opinion on Elebits soon. And, Wario Ware is out in 2 weeks, which should be a must-have for anyone.

21. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Not yet..;)

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Not yet. :)

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Both at posted at same time and both near enough identical. You freaks ;) :D

24. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Quick question. Can you use an SD card as extra storage space for save games? How much can the Wii hold by itself?

25. ClassicFitness macrumors member

Beside Zelda, go for Call of Duty 3 or Red Steel.