Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
i would like to burn the iso files that i downloaded from yellowdoglinux.com and see how complex of an installation its going to be. i have some spare space and i have been meaning to get this done for a while now. for some reason i cant seem to figure out how to burn an iso to disk other than just dropping it in. is it that easy or am i missing something. it has to be a bootable disk, so i figure there must be something more to it. so what do i do guys? you always have the answers.

goglamosh

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2002
TrenchMouth said:
i would like to burn the iso files that i downloaded from yellowdoglinux.com and see how complex of an installation its going to be. i have some spare space and i have been meaning to get this done for a while now. for some reason i cant seem to figure out how to burn an iso to disk other than just dropping it in. is it that easy or am i missing something. it has to be a bootable disk, so i figure there must be something more to it. so what do i do guys? you always have the answers.

Disk Utility will take care of this for you. Open Disk Utility in your Utililities folder, now in the menu bar select Images->Burn then select your ISO and burn.

TrenchMouth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
goglamosh said:
Disk Utility will take care of this for you. Open Disk Utility in your Utililities folder, now in the menu bar select Images->Burn then select your ISO and burn.

easy as that huh? great, thanks much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.