so i have this target gift card...

Discussion in 'Community' started by aplasticspork, Jan 9, 2005.

1. aplasticspork macrumors regular

(it's a late christmas present) and i have no idea what to buy with it. hence this thread. the gift card is for $50, so i'll give 50 points (tm)* to whoever can find the best thing on the target online store for me to buy. rules are, there aren't any rules. just post your ideas (with links) and i'll let you know who wins.

*points (tm) are redeemable for $0 cash each, and can be used for absolutely nothing, you will get no confirmation of having received said points.

--andrzej :) (the really sad thing is that i have nothing better to do with my time than post this)
    Edit: this post can be deleted or wastelanded as necessary, but i really have no idea what to get. :p

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Might I suggest one rule: the total purchase must come to $50 or less.

3. aplasticspork thread starter macrumors regular

thats a good point :D forgot to mention that in my first post. maybe i should get myself a new brain, but for $50 im not sure that would be such a good plan...

--andrzej

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....stock up on CDr's or DVD-r's - sure not the cheapest place to buy 'em but it is free to you...or grab an extra memory card for your digital camera....there's a couple ideas anyway....oh yeah!

5. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

If you can't find anything else you want, I would buy some iTunes gift cards. You could get 3 and have $5 left over for shipping.

6. aplasticspork thread starter macrumors regular

i've got a stack of 100 CDr's, and i have the very first superdrive so it's pretty picky about the type of DVD-r's i put in it. as for a memory card, my camera is 7 megapixels so each picture is 1.5 MB. aka it needs a big memory card, the one i have now is 1 GB and it cost $120, i dont think a $50 gift card would cover that, but good suggestions. :)

--andrzej
    Edit: i could actually could get a 512 MB one, but that would only hold about 250 pictures (i could easily fill that up in a day when on vacation) and it would be one of the slow ones. im holding out for a 2 GB card and enough money to buy it ($200+ :eek: that's a third the cost of the camera)

7. aplasticspork thread starter macrumors regular

didn't think of that...maybe i will end up doing that you can have 5 points for that suggestion. :cool:

--andrzej