so i just did a clean install onto my macbook but forgot to install front row... HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icec0ld, Aug 10, 2006.

1. icec0ld macrumors member

so like the title states, i need to install front row WITHOUT having to redo the install but can't figure this out. i tried to install it via the package file on my mac (doesnt work), tried to install it via the dvd (didnt seem to work either). tried to use something like pacifist to extract the pkg file but that didnt work either. so how do i do this? thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

When you used Pacifist, what response did you get? It should work, so did you get any dialogue boxes with error messages? :)

3. icec0ld thread starter macrumors member

i got options like do i want to replace or upgrade. i've chosen both and neither did squat

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I assume that's when you use the installer that's bundled with the disc, but what about Pacifist? It should bypass this. :)

5. icec0ld thread starter macrumors member

nope this is what happens when i use pacifist. it says file already exists, gives me some dialogue and gives me the options: stop extraction, leave alone, replace

after which i choose either leave alone or replace it says: bundle already exists, dialoge then gives me the options stop installation, leave alone, replace, update

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Where are you extracting to? Have you tried extracting to a different folder? :)

7. icec0ld thread starter macrumors member

tried to do it via the install and tried to extract to my desktop