so I lost my files -- how do I get my purchased iTunes stuff back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alec, Oct 1, 2006.

1. alec macrumors regular

Simple question that I can't seem to figure out. I had a crash and I want to get all of my purchased stuff back from iTunes. My 'Purchased' playlist is empty now. How do I get it back all of the items I bought?

Thanks!

2. jsucher macrumors newbie

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

From the backups you should have made. Or from your iPod

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

This is why you should back things up. Contact Apple and very nicely and sheepishly explain to them what happened. They'll likely give you a lecture about the importance of backing up your data, then allow you to redownload your purchased stuff. Then make sure you back things up, as I wouldn't really expect that they'd allow you to redownload a second time if you have further problems.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

No excuse not to make backups now that iTunes has built in backup which can be restricted to purchases only...

B

6. cazlar macrumors 6502

Also, before you run off and bug apple for a re-download, you should have a look in your iTunes folder to verify if your purchased music has actually disappeared, or if iTunes has just lost track of it somehow (assuming by crash you don't mean a full disk crash/re-install that is!)