So I saw “Starsky & Hutch” and “Torque” yesterday…

Discussion in 'Community' started by edesignuk, Mar 14, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Starsky & Hutch, what a disappointment :( From the trailers it looked like it’d be a good laugh, have a half decent story, and just be entertaining over all. Well, the story was weak, and it wasn’t all that funny. There were some funny moments, but not many, basically the funny bits you see in the trailer, are the funny bits in the film. Such a shame.

Now, Torque. Oh….my…god! I have never seen such a bad film in all my life. There are no words to describe just how bad this film was, you’d have to see it to believe it. I wouldn’t even know where to begin pulling it to pieces. But please, do me a favour, if you were thinking of seeing it, don’t!

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    did you watch both on the same day?

haha well think about it, torque is just fast and the furious on 2 wheels, i mean fast and the furious was dumb, fun but dumb, too fast too furious, was even more retarded (if that guy says 'bro' one more time i swear ill kill him), so torque must be just another evolutionary step...

3. briankonar macrumors regular

the dude who directed torque directed fast and the furious and some other movie (i think XXX). needless to say, he needs to find a new profression. :rolleyes:

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hehe, yeah, both the same day, had an hours break in between.

That's the thing. I was expecting Torque to be 2 Fast 2 Furious on 2 wheels, but I'm telling you, Torque could only dream of being anywhere near as good as 2 Fast 2 Furious. I'm serious, it was so, so, so bad. I'm still in shock.

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Hmmm I've never met a masochist before. ;)

6. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Oh FYI. They are already in talks to make a FatF 3. There is serious talk of Vin Diesel returning which is good. Paul Walker is OK but Vin made the first movie.

Gentlemen start your over the top rice-mobiles. I really want to see a FatF movie in LA rush hour traffic. I can only imagine this tricked out riceboy rig reving his engine next this other ricer doing the same going 3" an hour. You ain't got nothing on me beeich! **Moves another half foot** Along comes granny in her pinto in the HOV lane who smokes them both. :D

7. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Huh. I thought Starsky and Hutch was great and it usually takes a lot for me to like a movie. Did you see the original series? The way Ben Stiller plays Starsky made me laugh...hard. To me, Starsky and Hutch is what it would be like if they made a movie out of Heat Vision and Jack.

P-Worm

8. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Oh man, "Torque"??? That movie looked God-awful in just the commercials. The CGI used to enhance the action was cheezy enough. A lot of these young directors are relying way too much on CGI to make-up for their shortcomings as filmmakers.
    Sad, sad, sad.

9. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    Torque is with Ice Cube right??? has there been a decent serious movie that he's been in??? personally i think he's awesome, especially in the "Friday" series, but anything other than comedy, nuh uh.

10. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I saw both and I like them... sorry.

The thing is that when you go to see a movie like that you have to know what to expect.

Torke is the modern equivalent of the old movies Vanilla Ice used to do. When I see those movies I feel good because I know there is money even for such stupid things in thei country (USA).

About Starky and the other guy... well, is a very soft movie, the drama got really weak at several points of the story. Light comedy, it felt in to stupidity a few times. I went with a date to that movie and we didn't talk about it in the way out.

But I rather both of them over Charlie Angels.

11. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Na, I'll take Charlies Angels any day...even if it's not for the story line...if you know what I mean ;) :D