So I Should Have Been A Field Goal Kicker

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leftbanke7, Oct 28, 2005.

1. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I went to a local high school football game tonight and they had a raffle for the chance to win up to 50 bucks by kicking field goals. So I was one of the 6 called, along with my friend's father and little league football coaching companion Terry. So, of the 6 of us, Terry was 2nd and I was last. The first kid misses from 20 yards, Terry nailed his from 20 and won 30 bucks (two weeks worth of 15 dollar prizes). The next two try for the 30 yarder and miss. The 5th guy goes for the 25 yarder and misses so I now have the option to go for either the 25 or 30 yarder. I opt for the 25 and nail it. Would have been good from 30. Would have probably been good from 35. So I walked out of there with an easy 25 bucks and the knowledge that if I were ever called on in the Super Bowl to win the game, I would have no problems.

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

My friend kicked a game-winning 49.5 yard field goal in high-school. Broke a bunch of regional records. :D

3. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I think that would be the ultimate high. Booting the winning field goal or nailing the last second three pointer.

4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    as a goalkeeper in soccer, i reckon i could beat that. ok so the ball isn't quite as aerodynamic as a soccer ball, but other than catching it, we have to be able to belt it upfield pretty well too. in fact, i reckon i'd be a good receiver too, can catch that pigskin one handed... :)

of course i'll be singing a different tune once i try haha

5. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I would imagine you walking out of there with 50 bucks.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

First hand knowledge here. Very different feel between a soccer ball and a football. After the '94 Wold Cup Tony Meola (US keeper) tried out for as a kicker of the NY Jets. He didn't make it very far in the tryouts. :eek: With that being said though there are some kickers in the NFL that come from soccer backgrounds, but I don't think any of them were keepers and I think they all switched to football around high school age.

Lethal

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Yeah, I don't the the Patriots are looking for a replacement though. Adam Vinatieri you ain't :rolleyes:

8. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Hey, thanks for bursting my bubble. :(