So I took the new BMW 3 Series for a test drive at Rockingham Race Circuit yesterday…

Discussion in 'Community' started by edesignuk, Mar 7, 2005.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

:D :D :D :D :D :D

The new 3 is very, very nice. I got to try out the 330i SE, the 320i, and the 320d. The 330i SE was awesome, looks great, superb interior, the clutch and gear change was smooth, and that 3.0Ltr engine makes it pretty nippy!! The 320i was less impressive it terms of performance (duh), but very nice still. The real surprise was the 320d. I was amazed. The 320i & the 330i SE we took round the race track for testing, and the 320d we took out on the road, going through some nice little lanes in the diesel it really did have a lot of grunt, it actually has more bhp than the petrol (320i).

Anyway, it was a great day. Here are a few pics, not actually many of the new 3 up close, surprisingly apart from a couple in doors (where there were quite a lot of people, hard to get pics) there weren’t really any around that I could get any good shots of. They did have some nice Alpina’s lined up outside though of other models…I want that Z4!!!

Pics!!!

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I saw them online the other day - nice refresh.

I go to those drive events with Mercedes a lot - super fun! :D

Glad you had a good time.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

too bad they didnt have some new awesome mini coopers for you to test drive too e

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

They did have a bunch of Cooper S' in the pen where they store all the track cars actually...but they weren't for us :(

Oh, forgot to say, also got to go off-roading in the X3, quite impressive, but not for off-roading really (surprise!), I could hear it scraping the group as we went over the top of steep descents :eek: :D :rolleyes:

5. iGav macrumors G3

That'll be the torque then... ;)

Great circuit Rockingham isn't it :) with some extra grandstands it'd be a great alt venue for the British GP. :D

I get to use up all of my BMW blag quota next month when the 'Ring pummels me into submission in an M5, I look forward to dying like a man. :p

6. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I envy you! You don't even want to know what I'd do to take an M5 round the track!! :eek: :p

7. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Yesterday I was comfortable with the size of my penis.

(Not today though. That's why I'm posting something weak and trollish. :p ;) )

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm sure something horrific. :eek:

Right now the exchange rate really makes buying a BMW in the 'states pretty rough. But it would be nice to have something I could park next to my friends' V6 Audi A4 Quattro or Integra GS-R and not feel peasant-ish. :eek:

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i could think of several things to do !!!