So I was thinkin...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mac3687, Nov 27, 2006.

1. mac3687 macrumors member

I've got my first ever, long awaited MacBook on the way, and I had a thought. When I was ordering it, I considered signing up for .Mac, since I'm a fan of blogging, uploading pictures and videos, the whole social networking scene... But then I decided against it since I've had the same AOL email address for about nine years, and all of my pictures/blogs/videos are on my Myspace account. I figure Apple has to know how incredibly popular that site is, so why not somehow incorprate it into their programs. I understand wanting to have their own online experience, I just think the already popular Myspace would be a better alternative.

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Because MySpace and Apple don't fit well together. MySpace is horrible as far as design, usability and general quality goes. I understand that it's popular, but there are also many people who think it's incredibly bad. I don't think Apple would want to associate themselves with it.

3. sohosid macrumors member

Why should they? Apple are doing pretty well on their own. Trying to sort out the awful crap that is Myspace is the last thing they should be doing.