So I'm taking a Special Education class and Bush is *not* Stupid...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

... he is just dumb ;)

His speech patterns are indicators of a learning disability in which a person almost constantly has the "tip of the tongue" syndrome. You know, where you know the word and it is on the tip of your tongue but you can't quite get it out??

The problem with Bush, and why I say he is dumb is because he, of all people, should understand about learning disabilities and all the education legislation he has pushed through is counter to what someone who has been there, done that should be pushing through!

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Right, but that still doesn't explain how his firing of a biothesist and a professor who wanted to perform stem cell research to help cure diseases doesn't make him stupid. Then one could argue Bush's reversing of air cleaning laws, and so forth, but then we'd find ourselves eventually debating the defenition of "stupid."

BTW: I know what that "it's the word that starts with 'B' and has three syllables and is defined as..." syndrome is like sometimes. Earlier today, I couldn't think of the word "biothesist."

Now I have been classified with a different learning disability - one dealing with large IRL public environments - so I know what it's like to have some sort of a learning disability, don't get me wrong. Hell, I graduated H.S. in which one of my classes that I stayed in about 1/2 of each class day had students with learning disabilities. So I certainly don't disrespect such people, and I understand what it's like to have such problems. Still, with Bush's learning disability in mind, I ask: Does Bush seriously think he will be able to handle the responsibility of maintaining our country for four more years after [1] he rose the debt, [2] he reversed air cleaning laws, and [3] he effectively made longer the time period for which we find a cure through stem cell research?

On a side note, contrary to what I said about a month ago, I think I'm getting sucked into the political funnel. This could be bad...

3. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That, I guess, was my point :p

He sounds "stupid." Because of how he talks. But a speaking disability doesn't make one stupid. His actions are what make him stupid. I switched words (stupid to dumb) to try and make my point :p

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Resistance is futile.