so, is the Wii actually worth getting?

Discussion in 'Games' started by charlestrippy, Nov 19, 2006.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

So now that a lot of people have been playing the Wii (probably all day) - I can maybe snag some opinions...

Is it actually worth getting? Is it as fun as it was hyped to be?
    I know the graphics aren't supposed to be cutting edge, however - are they pretty good at least?

Thanks!

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

they aren;t bad, hopefully component cables will help sharpen things up a little.

Bottom line is for under $400 i got a system that is fun to play, and I haven't even played Zelda yet, just Wii Sports (bowling=fun). The controller is really cool and although it is a little finicky it is a whole new way of playing video games. I don't think it will replace the good old controller but it certainly opens up a lot of new avenues for games. Once some Wii games that are better suited for the Wiimote come up Wii should be an amazing system.

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Well I speak for myself (overgrown boy of 28years old), my girlfriend who usually flees when we play games, and my usual gamer friends who will usually be fplaying FPS and also some of their girlfriends. It is the best thing we have done in ages. We had all of them over tonight and we played non stop. We bought about 7 games today but usually ended up playing Wii Sports for the most part. It is absolutely amazing! Not to sound a little gross but we got so into it a few of us were actually sweating. I have to agree with the guy above .. BOWLING is the best thing on the system.
    Go buy one if you can ...

Kevin

4. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

true true - just curious how long this "fun factor" will last before it gets old ...

so with FPS games like call of duty 3 - when you move the wii controller it moves the gun?