So, I've beaten Twilight Princess, now what? [SAFE: NO SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Games' started by seenew, Dec 15, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Yeah, so I beat it tonight. Final time: 87 hours (did a lot of exploring and fooling around, also left it paused for 10 hours on accident :p).

But what do I play now? I have Rayman, but that is no substitute for this masterpiece.

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Wow, I haven't even gotten Zelda yet and I have more than enough gameplay to keep me busy — Wii Sports, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (granted that's for the DS). I'll be getting Rayman too.

Curious about Elbits, hear it's fun, but probably will wait because I'm going to have too many other games to play. I don't think there's anything out or coming out this year for the Wii that will match Zelda though. You'll probably have to wait for Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and others ETA 2007.

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

Have you done absolutely everything--from getting all the poes, heart pieces, fishing lures, fairy spring locations, golden bugs, etc.?

What a good game, huh?

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Do you own a Gamecube? If not, we could also suggest you some epic gamecube games. Alternatively, do you own another console? (360, PS3, DS, PSP) We could also suggest some good games on competing formats.

Just picked up elebits yesterday. Haven't had time to try it yet. I'll let you know if it's any good but I'm pretty sure this is not Zeldaesque in scope (and not intended to).

6. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Wow, 87 hours. I'll probably be up there too. I'm in the 3rd dungeon and I'm about 24 hours in. I spent a few hours trying to find a way to get to the fishing pond and then a few more hours fishing once I got there. I let my wife and her father do some fishing. Then my wife and I tried the rapids a few times each. This is an incredible game. I'll probably end up spending 100 hours in it.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I did this too and it constantly makes me sad when I save :(. 10 hours shouldn't be there I was in the menu screen dammit :mad:.

8. steelfist macrumors 6502a

well, wiisports is a good game...you should have it

9. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Ahh, the joy of owning a console at launch. Only a game or two that is worth playing.

Replay Zelda...

10. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Resistance Fall of Man for PS3...good game

11. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

If there were any PS3s to be had.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm 22 hours in. :)

Rayman is a solid choice, I've been planning to get it. I LOVE Excite Truck, I've also hooked a few racing fans on the game, the controls are great once you get used to them :)

WarioWare comes out in January.
    Just be prepared to dance.

13. afornander macrumors 6502

i dont think this would be a spoiler, but, after you beat the game and kill whoever the final boss is and all that. does it allow you to continue to play side quests, fish, ext... ?:confused:

14. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You realize the Wii is fully backwards compatible? :D Heck, if it's GC games you're talking, then if you haven't played Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, or Resident Evil 4, then those are some great games to tide you over while you wait for the epic Wii releases. You do need a GC controller, of course, but those are cheap.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

srobert is saying that if the OP never owned a GameCube, he could suggest some GameCube games. Of course he knows its backwards compatible :)

16. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Bingo. ;) There is a treasure trove of good games out there for Wii owners who never had a Gamecube.

Have a look at the "All-Time High Scores" list at lower right of this page.

Wind Waker could be a good game for you if you liked Twilight Princess. (If you don't mind the art style and calm sailing bits). I personally have a craving to replay Skies of Arcadia Legends (Dreamcast port to Gamecube) even though it's not the same kind of RPG than Twilight Princess.

What kind of games do you prefer seenew? Action RPGs? Adventure?

17. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Also, :( I beat Rayman today, too. Now I am left with Wii Sports until Christmas. (which I think I'll be getting NFS and SMB)

No, it's not a spoiler to tell you. You don't get to play any further after you beat it, in a sense. It doesn't lock your game file or anything, it just doesn't allow you to save AFTER you beat the boss. It's like, Mario 64, you know? You can beat Bowser with just 70 Stars and see the credits, and after the credits you have to restart the system, load your game up, and Bowser still inhabits the castle. Same thing here. So you can beat the final boss, and still be able to go back and do all the side quests. Like, when I load my game now, I'm still outside the final dungeon.

So no worries. :) I'm off to tackle acquiring the magic armor and then the Cave of Ordeals. I don't know if I feel like worrying about the 24 bugs... I mean, I've only got like 8. :\

I will for sure replay this game when I get tired of my original game file.

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Get Excite Truck. Won't last you too long but its fun.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

monkey ball. Solid single player than will tax you on the harder levels and 50 mini games, all of which are better than the ones in Rayman.

Rayman has dissapointed me the most of all wii games, including RedSteel.

20. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

well you can tell you're a student. iv had it a week now and managed to clock 8 hours. that's what the real world does to you.

21. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

No, actually, I've been on Winter Break since Thanksgiving. SCAD is on the quarter system, so we've got like a six-week break. I bought a Wii at launch and resisted the temptation to play anything but a few rounds of Wii Sports until finals were over.

I'm a good student. :p I'm on the dean's list.

22. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

in that amount of time you couldve learned how to fly a plane.

23. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

If I wanted to.
    Wait, can you fly a plane when you're 18?

Maybe I should rethink videogames...

24. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

dunno about the age, but it does cost a lot for flying lessons, but if youre rich, might as well...

25. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

You can get a pilot's license at 15. Before your driver's license....That's interesting, huh? :cool: