so ive got windows going but how do i right click?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by andrewface, Jun 5, 2006.

1. andrewface macrumors regular

andrewface

for the life of me i cannot find out how to right click with my macbook when using windows?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think you'll find that a Bluetooth or wired mouse is likely the easiest solution, but I'm sure someone has a driver that'll help you out.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. livecn macrumors newbie

Ctrl+Click is NOT the right way for right-click in Windows.

I'm trying to let more ppl know this.

Ctrl+Click is NOT the right way for right-click in Windows. In Windows, Ctrl+Click has its own meanings such as selecting non-adjacent items in a list, or opening links in a new Tab in Firefox.

I've written a small application (Freeware) called iMouse which enables you to do right-click by CapsLock+Click. You can also click and hold for more than 0.3 seconds to enter the Right-click state. (Why not directly right-click? Because right click does not only mean Context Menu in Windows. You can also do right-click-and-drag which is different from left-click-and-drag.)

I'm a long time Windows user and I've been using iMouse for 3 years. I know it works.

Try it and you will feel so, too.

http://livecn.huasing.org/imouse/

5. TexBiker macrumors newbie

iMouse was the first app I installed after I got XP configured on my iMac. It's a great little program and works very well for me.

I just wish Apple would put out a bluetooth Mighty Mouse so I could have a true right-click.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I would use iMouse if you could disable the "Click and hold for right click"

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I am anxiously awaiting this as well.

8. livecn macrumors newbie

Yes it can be disabled. Just disable iMouse (there is a button in it) and the click-and-hold will be disabled, but the CapsLock+Click is still working.

9. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

I wish there was something that enabled two finger scrolling :( :( :(

10. atticus1178 macrumors regular

I had the best luck with AppleMouse. It works great, exactly like it does in OS X.

11. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Trying this out...so far so good. Seems pretty decent. I like the Fn modifiers, but all the F keys don't seem to work for me. Volume up and down don't work for me, but mute does???

My favorite however is Fn+Delete to act like a real delete key and the Fn + arrows for the windows home/end/pgup/pgdown.

12. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP