So long guys...

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Nov 17, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Unfortunately, I regret to say that I will no longer be able to regularly visit these forums. I have many commitments that have to be fulfilled, of which includes building up trust in my parents so that they think that I'm not a total loser at the bottom of his senior class (to tell you the truth, I'm 28 out of 430) Anyways, I don't know when I'll be back.

I was chewed out about my fanatic attitude towards the Mac. My parents even told me to give it up. They told me that Apple has nothing to do with my life, and that I don't need to care about what goes on with them. They said that microsoft is bigger, and that they have the majority, and that nobody cares what I think about Apple.

I am thoroughly angered.:mad:

After all that I have devoted myself to, I felt empty after that 'discussion' with my parents. Along with a whole bunch of other talking about how I never seem to get anything done.

I hope I won't be gone for long, but until then, I must say: Farewell MacRumors.

2. vniow macrumors G4

Wow that sux man.

Now we won't get to see your poo flinging monkey anymore.[​IMG]

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I'm sorry to tell you this, young sonny, but your parents are right. Fanaticism = bad. You will be missed, though.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My parents = annoying like that when it comes to school.

Get this - they get my teachers to call them when I don't turn in
    a HW assignment, and then they take $20 out of my bank account (for each assignment I don't turn in)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: . Sometimes they can be verrrrrrry mean...

Ugggghhhhhh school tomorrow......... :( :( :eek:

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I'm sorry to see you go..

You were one of the more prolific Texas posters.. :(

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Greg Dan, man. That's real harsh.

But I think your education is more important. And I'm sure you should do very well. We'll sure as Bell miss you. :(

Anyways, Fred would send his regards, but he's getting his mouth washed out with soap by MomOfFred. Errrrr... :p

:cool:

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Dude, that blows...maybe we'll see you around again when school is out! ;)

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I will also miss your contributions, all contributors are equal & valuable. Also agree that an education is very important, the ticket to your future. Hope you will be able to return soon!

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Gonna miss u. Hurry back!

You're the one who put McAllen on our maps. :)

10. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

It's okay man... remember... Apple is just a corporation out to make money. It's true, they do this by making products... but... it's just a computer company.

Also... school is WAY more important than macrumors. I post her sometimes, but mostly I just wanna be the first on my block to know when the 64-bit macs are due. :)

So... just rock ass the next quarter, then come back!

11. diorio macrumors 6502a

My parents are totally opposite, I had to convince them to let me take a college class. It's like they don't want me to get a good education or something, wierd.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

got to take care of business. have a good life man. hope you come back.

13. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Re: So long guys...

Wow... Isn't it amazing how one second your life can turn to sh*t, and the next, things start to get much better?

I found out what my parents were really angry about. There was a mistake on my report card, saying I had a 74 in English, when I actually had an 82... When my mom got through talking with my English teacher (who is a nice lady), she kinda lightened up. My mom is the type of person who expects straight A's in all of my classes. That, and my older brother got really good grades. My English teacher explained that a B was a good grade in her class, and that very few people actually get A's...

My parents threatened to take away my iBook and all internet access, until I showed them that I had absolutely no games on it at all except for Chess... I never bothered to install any of my good games since I did a clean install with 10.2, since school had started, and I had no time for them... I also showed them all of the stuff that I used my iBook for at school.

Anyways, aside from spending 4 hours finishing an english paper, and writing 2 college application essays, and showing my parents that I wasn't nearly as far behind as they thought, they kinda got the hint and lightened up. I think they just had a bad day and went overboard...

The thing about Macs that they got after me for, was because I always try to explain (in a nice, well thought-out way) how microsoft or dell, or other pee-cee companies are trying to take over markets, make more money for themselves, or slaughter all prospects of innovation. My dad is a Mac person, and my mom is too (not as much of a fanatic... She still uses OS 9) but for some reason, they don't seem to be very keen of the struggles going on in areas of technology today. What companies like microsoft and intel, as well as Apple do today will affect my future somehow.

As far as how much of a part of my life Apple is... It's pretty big. I did a report in 10th grade about how Apple revolutionized the computing industry (I got an A!!!) I also got a chance to talk to some Apple reps and engineers, and got to find out ways to become an Apple rep at the college I'm planning to go to. This may sound weird, but whenever I hear or read the dialog from Apple's 'Think Different' commercial, I get goosebumps... I consider myself as one of the 'misfits', the 'rebels', the 'round pegs in the square holes'. Screw society, I'll be a non-conformist as much as I can. Not only will I think differently, I will act differently. I won't put on a mask, and act like everyone else wants me to. I am an individual, with my own character, and I will live by that. Besides, if we don't think different, we'd be communist.

Of course, growing up, I don't use Apple as a reference in my everyday life as much as I did before. Yeah, Macs are great and cool and all, but I can live with my pee-cee friends. I won't blatantly put down pee-cees without just cause. Besides, I'm not a total computer nerd :D

Anyways, I'm just following up to the message that started this thread. My parents got angry, and I though they were going to take away my privileges (like they've done before) so i didn't think that I'd be able to regularly visit this site until Christmas, but I was wrong (and so were my parents)

I will say that I don't think I'll be posting here as often, but since school started, I really haven't been all that active. I do need to work on college applications and stuff like that.

Sorry to scare you guys :p

14. medea macrumors 68030

medea

later man, take care. just think though, since your a senior then you should be going to college soon right?

15. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

hopefully I'll be entering college during the fall semester next year.

16. job macrumors 68040

job

You're one year ahead of me.. :p

I'm going fall semester of 2004...

17. vniow macrumors G4

Ah, the poo-flinging licking monkey, nice choice.[​IMG]

18. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

19. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

My main choice is the University of Texas at Austin, but I'm also looking at UT Dallas. I'm looking at computer science as my major, but might go towards something between computer science and computer engineering.