Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by SomeAppleGuy, Jan 8, 2002.

1. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

Jan 4, 2002
    I made my point. I said what I wanted to say. I am sure many of you are happy but I am going to leave for a while. Maybe forever. Who knows. Its been a while since I put so much thought and energy into a computer. Now I remember why I stopped. Its exhausting. Im going to go back to the real world for a while. My girlfriend is much cuter than any damn iMac. I think Ill put some more time and energy into my car. Maybe Ill start a hobby. Who knows.

One final thought...

the new iMac really is UGLY! apple really does have little intention on becoming number one for many reasons. developing crap like that, poor marketing and lack of advertising, the inability to prove their products are better without theories (mhz myth sound familiar), horible company benefits (that one slipped), they follow the wrong trends (shouldnt be following anyway), they cannot keep a secret, and their failure to ship products without delay are just a few. im sure there are more but i am too bored to continue with this.

Apple will never listen to you, you all have great ideas but your thoughts do not make up the vast majority. your avreage computer user probably does want a 2nd rate G4 that looks like r2d2. they just didnt know it until Apple told them needed it.

So long Mac Heads, may the "iMac" be with you. and please let i2d2 kill jar jar in episode 2. jar jar needs to die and i dont remember r2 ever getting to kill anything.

PS A P P L E S U C K S & i M a c S W A L L O W S

-love, me
  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    one last word...

oh SomeAppleGuy....I had no idea u didn't like the iMac...

why do u want to leave us? do we not give u enough challenge to argue & have fun?

u will be missed during your time gone...

he he he...
  3. Paolo macrumors regular

Sep 21, 2001
    The Moon
    Your full of ****!

What the hell are you talking about 'apple is never going to be number' for the market that it aims for it is number one, you talk to musicians and Graphic designers and they most likely have a mac, alot of educational intitutions also have gone mac. Apple are the ONLY company that make everything themselves. THey aim for a different market ot Pentium. It's like comparing the crappy cay market (ie GM and Toyota etc) to Ferarri. They are completely different markets. Yeah you pay heaps for a Ferarri but it runs smoothly it looks smoothly and it's awesome!!!!!!!
    You can go get a Genral Motors car and it'll run and you can supe it up so it runs faster than a ferarri but its still just a GM and has no style makes a hell of alot of noise and is crappy.
    Who cares if you've worked for apple I'm sure alot of us have so you've looked inside a iPod before (wow I'm impressed) You look inside Pentiums theres a fan....... and not much else.
    You hate the LOOK of the iMac, oh and I suppose that the conventional gray box is hugely attractive!!!!
  4. Paolo macrumors regular

Sep 21, 2001
    The Moon

Hey SomeAppleGuy you complain about the iMac so much but I haven't seen any better solution offered by yourself. You say that Apple needs people like you, but i would have thought that apple would have people who don't look at a design a make derogatory comments about it but offer solutions to improve a design they disagree with untill they reach some sort of equalibrium.
    What do you think?

(oh and don't try and pass this off with another ******** remark!)
  5. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
    that's a great analogy paolo!! im gonna use that.

6. Sleepy macrumors newbie

Nov 12, 2001
    Paolo, your an idiot.

Dont leave dude. Im going to be a minority here. I too hate the fugliness...
  7. 748s macrumors 6502a

Dec 14, 2001
    Tiger Bay
    the reason apple still exists is because pencil neck geeks like you aren't running the place.
  8. Mike Gagne macrumors member

Aug 14, 2001
    Maui, Hawaii
  9. xelterran macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2001
    So you've made ur point for the 10th time running. actually i think you are pissed off because they didnt release g5's or at least faster g4's, but y take this out on the imac? And hey its true macs are definatly the best for creative people like graphic designers, musicians etc... I do digital music production and i would only use a mac for that! PC's are only really good as a cheap way of playing games and surfing the net a bit.
  10. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    To SomeAppleGuy

Dude you suck severly man
    you don't like the new imac then shutup about it
    It looks Cool
    I'm going to get one
    Atleast it looks elegant and futuristic
    this is the future
    get over it
    If you don't like it go buy a BIG UGLY GREY TOWER
    A go suck Billion Dollar Bills D**K
  11. Maxx Guest

Good God...

I am new to Apple world (have a g4 tower) and it runs and works great. But come on do your lives revolve around this one company, and one of it's products. Don't take it as a personal flogging when someone doesn't like something Apple.Oh, there is something called fresh air it's outside take a few deep breaths it'll make you feel better...
  12. totoro macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2001
    nobody's fault but YOUR own...

Be careful SomeAppleGuy,
    You put YOUR faults on your iMAc's back: Your girlfriend is cuter than your iMac? it was time for you to notice it!!!
    You want to go back to the real world? Why? You had to stop "being in the REAL WORLD" to use your Mac?
    The iMac isn't ugly, YOU are ugly!!!!
  13. Yuk-Monkey macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2002
    all I have to say is....

Every time I hear someone say they are moving from Mac to PC or whatever I always think of this quote from the movie "Tombstone" that really sums up my feelings:

So SomeAppleGuy, I pray this link works for you.
  14. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA

And you were just starting to sound interesting.

See yeah.....
  15. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Sep 16, 2001
    Tuttlingen, Germany
    right on maxx!

lol its about time someone mentioned the outside world! btw if any of u are really REALLY pissed off about the new imac, or apple not releasing g5s, go for a jog or a bike ride or to the gym. its healthy, makes u feel good and makes u relaxed once ur done =)

i know i would be really sad if somehow apple got knocked out of the business or got eaten by M$ or something......but it wouldnt be the end of the world. what do u think u would do if apple went out of business?
  16. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    Imac is kinda gay

I do have to agree that the imac is ugly. I think the cube was a much hotter machine. If it was a little cheaper and came with a lcd maybe they would of sold more of them. Stop blasting people because they dont love every new product apple releases. Maybe if the Imac didnt look like an iglu i would like it better. Apple is on the right track makeing new designs but i want something practical that looks cool too and the cube atleast had some expandability. Maybe its just me but i think the quicksilver looks a lot nicer than the imac
  17. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    Re: Imac is kinda gay

and by the way i think its time apple made a set of speakers that dont sound like crap
  18. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    Word Orders

To SomeAppleGuy…

if you have the intelligence put these words in a different order:

Off and ****

the new iMac RULES!

19. ScottF macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2001

I work for a Apple store. We have already got a S**t load of orders for the UGLY looking iMac.. I like it as so does most of our clients