so much for a clean morning...

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jun 19, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

So, I get up extra early today, with plans to get to work a little earlier than usual so I can tackle a project I'm working on.

I get out to start my car up, and notice this yellowish smear across my rear window. I then notice this white shell scattered about, and see the entire driver side of my car is covered in egg!! :mad:

I'm so friggin' pissed off. I've had that car over a year, and now some dumbass decides it would be fun to make me clean up. Now I'm soaked in sweat, and don't have the time I needed to do what I was going to. :rolleyes:

2. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Did we start a rant channel!? :p

Sounds to me like you've been well beaten. Maybe ever enough to scramble your mind. Perhaps it's even fried.

Okay, so my one liners are crap!

Hope the day gets better for ya!

Chris, the man who really, really tries

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

You got exercise. You have a car that is cleaner than before.

Look on the bright side. :)

[​IMG]

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, well, maybe you need some exercise....eye works out all the time - this is not a fun thing - you ever clean off egg from a window or car before?:rolleyes:

D

5. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Sorry to hear that eye, that just sucks.

Hopefully the rest of your day will be a vast improvement.

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think your fortunate....kids could have warpped the thing in several rolls of resturatn sized saran wrap or glued the locks or used pure silcione caulk to try and seal the doors... not that i've done any of those things to jackoffs in my neighborhood.

7. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

heh...yeah...I get enough exercise...I didn't need THIS while trying to get to work. Who knows, maybe it's fate diverting me from a car accident or something?

Arghh...what a pain. :(

So, I spent about 40 mins cleaning it from my car. I still have some residue on the windows, but got it off the painted surfaces. I'm not so worried about the windows, if I need to I'll use some toothpaste to get it off.

Hopefully the carwash will be open tonite when I get off work, so I can get it cleaned. ;)

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

That sucks. So was it random people do you think?

9. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah..completely random...or so I'm hoping... :rolleyes:

I didn't look much...but didn't notice any other cars on the block egged. It was only 3 eggs (from what I can tell), but left quite a mess. I think they literally smeared it on my windows after throwing them.

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i remember walking around on halloween trick or treating in NoVA when i was like 10 or something... and having some car drive by and throw a couple eggs at us... i nearly pissed my pants. nowadays i'd know better (ie, i would)

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

nope.

I couldn't imagine it being THAT hard though.

[​IMG]

12. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's not too bad IF u get to it BEFORE it dries completely. Lucky for me, it's quite humid in the mornings and the heat had not really set in for the day. Had I been late on it, my paint would have been ruined for sure. :eek:

13. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, egg is a nasty one to get off, scem0. it's incredibly sticky and smelly when it dries. another nasty one is balogna on the hood and roof in the hot sunshine. circles all over the paint job.

sorry eye, people are such f***ers sometimes. howwever, there is maybe some comfort in knowing that most people like that get what's coming to them--whether that be getting their own cars egged, slamming into a highway divider at 75 mph in a drunken stupor, failing out of college, getting shot in the face by the woman they are attempting to rape... life is so full of possibilities for stupid people :)

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

a ton of stupid people succeed too.... unfortunately.

it's one thing if you're just naturally a bit slow, tough to learn things... but when you do just dumb things common sense wise... that's when there's no sympathy

15. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

dumb people indeed... :D

but still...I'm a fate advocate...so I'm thinking this was a diversion to prevent something worse from happening. ;)

16. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

dude, that sucks, sorry boss.

and i'm entering the joys of car ownership once again very soon no doubt, why i ask myself, why? heh.

go check out the beer thread again, and think back to DC and a couple of cuties ;)

17. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ahh...yes...

I remember 4 shots of "sex on the beach" vividly... :D ;)

18. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    ah haha, oh yeah, she were cute, and the married one was the quickest off the mark too :rolleyes: :D

19. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Re: so much for a clean morning...

He doesn't have time to clean up his car but he does to start up his computer, get to macrumors and let us know about his back fortune and the lack of time he has...:rolleyes:

Humans are so strange.

20. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: so much for a clean morning...

that was sympathetic, man. maybe it never occurred to you that some people work on their computer, and that's why it's on.

besides, when a person tells his friends that he's having a problem, they aren't supposed to ask, "why are you telling me this?"

piss off if you're going to be a jerk, man.

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

HA! I was just trying to help out your sorry asses....(can I say that?). You would have just sat there talking about her all night - "Here she comes, there she goes, could have had her,......"

D :D

22. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

MyMemory

I think that whatever he needed to do took time and had a time it needed to be done. That time has passed, so its too late. Like going to the store before it closes.

Anyways, that sucks man. Thats cool you got it off though.

Someone did the same thing to my sisters '90 Mustang Convertable. There were like 10 eggs cracked on the hood, and some on the top. They put ketchup and mustard on it too. It came off though, as we caught it in the early morning :)

23. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: so much for a clean morning...

I don't think u even read my post. I spent 40 mins cleaning it...after which I was deemed to be late anyway so I called to let them know I'd be a few mins late. And if u really want to know, my computer runs 24/7. Don't jump my ass because I chose to post about it AFTER the event happened.

I understand the language wall that takes place often with u, but piss off man. :rolleyes:

24. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

sorry to hear about that, eye. I would be pissed off if that happened to me. I can't believe that people actually think egging other people's things is funny. :rolleyes:

25. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it's just too bad the bar we hoped for after was closed... :(