So much for the new paint job on Nano 5G

Discussion in 'iPod' started by casjohnr, Oct 16, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2007
    Pulled my 5G Blue Nano out of my pocket the other day to notice it now sports a huge diagonal hairline scratch starting just above the video camera lens and ending just after the Apple logo on the back :(

Will try and take a picture in the next couple of days but really not sure how it happened, I keep it in my inner pocket in my jeans so I'm guessing one time I must have missed the pocket and slipped it into my main pocket with keys / coins etc.

Really gutted :(
  2. macrumors regular

Nov 23, 2007
    geez, just be thankful it was on the back and not the front.

if you're gonna whine over every little scratch, perhaps you need to buy a case for it. or cotton wool.

these things are now disposable. get another one in 12 months time. and use this one to carry around and thrash til it dies.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 21, 2009
  4. macrumors member

Sep 27, 2009
    As long as it can still play music, you should survive.
  5. macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    My iPod (previous generation) has scratches, and a chip in the metal. I have no idea how that happened!:eek:
  6. macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    God lord if your gonna freak out about scratches then you need a case for it. I got an old bear up iPod nano 4th gen with 16gb that is totally beat up and I got it for $80 on eBay. I love this since I can be totally be careless and really not care about scratches and what not. I drop it on cement when I was running and I was like, eh, and kept running.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2009
    Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
    get a case and quit whining. As all apple things are aluminium (except the handful that are plastic) scratch very easily. its your own fault for not protecting your stuff.
  8. macrumors 604

Sep 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If your so worried get a jacket for it, I got a cool one for mine though I don't use it much because my iPod has never scraped against anything:D

My cellphone on the other hand... The 2 screens, the battery and the back are all scratched up from my lighter being in my pocket with my phone LOL
  9. macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    my ipod touch is super scratched on back and i dont care at all

its just a music player.
  10. macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2009
    Edinburgh, UK
    The first scratch is always hard.

You should see my iPod video though, those white plastic front were unforgiving (especially when you let it fly out your pocket and skid along 3 metres on its front . . .)
  11. macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2007
    You think you got it bad, my dog chewed my new nano 2 days after I got it but it still plays which is the main thing :D
  12. macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    I love the look and finish of the new nanos and I keep mine in the apple leather case. Its the one made for the 1st gen nano but it fits fine. I got it on ebay for $7 brand new.
  13. macrumors 68020

Apr 20, 2008
    Obviously he is upset that he got a scratch, but the main thing is, Apple Claimed 'Scratch-Proof' coating.

Still put a BSE on mine :p
  14. macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Los Angeles Area
    Don't let a scratch ruin or interfere your enjoyment of your Nano.