All iPads So multi window on a tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gambot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Well i'm looking to replace my macbook with a tablet since the macbook is a bit to big and it gets very hot. I got a Ipad 1 but its filled with kid apps and i really like to have a own tablet and have movies/series on it.

So my question: I often looking at a serie (on tv-links) and surf the web on the same time in 2 small windows. Can any tablet replace a computer on this?

2. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Galaxy tab or note 10.1

3. macrumors regular

Or get two or three iPads and have them going at the same time. Like in the movie Matrix.

4. macrumors newbie

Note 8 does this as well. This is a very useful feature that few people seem to know about. I was in the market for a new tablet and this feature was enough to convince me to get the Note 8. Once you get used to it, you won't want to use any other tablet. Watch a video and take notes.. stream a game and continue browsing, etc etc. Just awesome.

5. macrumors 601

I have an iPad and a Nexus 7 plus two MacBooks going at all times so I can do all kinds of different things at once. :)

6. Shuri, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

macrumors 6502

from here

WUT? :confused: ;)

BTW: as much as I don't see the Idea of Multitasking on my iphone (giving 2" per App ;)), it's one of the things holding me back from getting an iPad..

7. macrumors member

I have a Windows 8 tablet as well as an iPad. Multitasking on the Windows 8 tablet is far better than any other tablet (I've also owned a Note 10.1). Even the "Metro" interface can display two applications side by side in a touch friendly way.

8. macrumors G3

Don't you find the 1/3 2/3 split cramped? I'd prefer to have two apps split the screen in portrait.

9. macrumors 6502

The other posters are right - a lot of other devices do offer these features. The problem is, the screen is so cramped that you end up more annoyed than you were with just one app on at the same time. Plus, they're not running iOS, and they're missing the build quality of an Apple device.

10. macrumors 68040

All I can suggest is go try a tablet out now that has multitasking capability and see how you feel about it.

11. macrumors G3

I disagree. I never felt cramped using Quasar on my iPad 2. I'd imagine it wold even be better with a Retina display.