So my iPod is going to beat my PB home...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zach007, May 12, 2004.

1. zach007 macrumors member

Apr 29, 2004
    I just got my shipping tracking and verification stuff yesterday and it says my items are supposed to arrive Today. Believe it or not, even the things that said 2-3 and 3-5 days under estimated shipping shipped yesterday and are supposed to arrive Today (I just placed my order yesterday). What I don't get, is that the computer was supposed to be same day shipping and it didnt go out.. oh well...

my question: Is there anything fun I can do with my iPod or put songs on it before my computer arrives, or do I have to wait til I get iTunes? The OS I'm running right now is windows me Millenium, and I can't dl iTunes on it.

2. bellychris macrumors member

Sep 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    well you could format it for windows, but that would be a pain in the ass,because I heard it runs much slower on the mac side when you format it for windows, so I would just wait. You can play the games on the ipod while your waiting ;)
  3. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

Perhaps you have a freind with an iBook?

Take your CD's to the apple store and beg them to let you use an iMac for an hour!
  4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    heres my suggestion, properly charge your ipod, fill it all the way up and then run it all the way down. Then you'll have a good battery all set up and when your pb arrives u can load it up. Don't waste time going to an apple store or anything like that. I mean if you have a friend with a mac then try and sync it for a day but just get it charged up and be happy when your powerbook arrives.
  5. bellychris macrumors member

Sep 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought with the type of battery the ipod uses you don't need to charge it all the way and discharge it? I heard it is actually better to keep it charged more then half way most of the time and you will have a longer lasting battery. I have noticed people have diffrent opinions on this subject
  6. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    How can you run an ipod all the way down with no music on it?

I got my 30 gig (new from the apple store special deals) last week-- fortunately I'd been burning CDs for months-- I'm a little (only a little) dissapointed in the battery life when you spin the hard drive. I ran it all day Friday on shuffle without touching it and it lasted over 9 hours, but if you sync it it eats over half the battery, and if you choose songs manually you seem to get around three hours-- I guess the best thing to do is build some playlists on itunes, rather than choose them while listening.....