So my pcmcia eject button fell off....will applecare take care of that?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by 1nsanity, Jul 18, 2005.

1. 1nsanity macrumors regular

anybody?

I was packing my 15" in my marware case and it fell just like that? Btw the eject button was not hanging out, because it actually fell before I put it in the bag.

I have applecare till October 2007.

any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

nick

2. 40167 macrumors regular

I sugjest a bit of superglue.

If you bring it to apple, they probibly will just do the same thing, they arent going to open the entire laptop and replace all the pcmcia stuff since a button fell off and you have apple care. Apple care also doesnt do accidental damage, and while it may have just fallen off; apple will assume that it was accidental damage caused by you... and since you have no way of proving otherwise, they wont do anything for you more than just glue the button back on.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

That is probably what Apples route of repair would/will be.

4. 1nsanity thread starter macrumors regular

I understand what you guys say, but I wonder if you ahve ever seen what one of those buttons looks like. Its like 1.5 inch long so i wouldnt want to superglue something else to it since it goes far inside the laptop.....

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, yes I have seen them (have a PeeCee laptop- putting up with it till the intel inside PowerBooks appear). No I would not want something super-glued that goes that far into my computer. But, it is still the most likely fix to be done by Apple.

6. therevolution macrumors 6502

Then let Apple do it. What if superglue gets all over the internal components? Then you're REALLY screwed.

I would think this will be covered under AppleCare. They're not that stingy. At least take it to them and find out what they say before attempting any risky DIY repairs.

7. Switzermac macrumors regular

8. 1nsanity thread starter macrumors regular

Sure but the pcmcia button just doesn't stay there, so i ahve to carry it with me, plus its a huge hole so dust and debris can get in...

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Never hurts to ask. The worse that they can say is no.

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Walk into an Apple Store. Tell them what happened. It isn't worth arguing with you, really, so they should be able to do it really fast and you can be on your way!

11. 1nsanity thread starter macrumors regular

I actually I could walk into an apple store! but there are none around here yay for Canada!

Its all good I'll walk into an authorized dealer and see what happens.