So Santa brought two tablets...

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by donklaus, Dec 25, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Mar 6, 2011
    The Intuos 5 medium, and the Bamboo Create.

Which to keep? I interested in taking my Photoshop levels to a higher level and working Illustrator on logo design and other design projects.

The Amazon credit would go to other purchases, but don't really need any other equipment just now.

2. macrumors 65816

Mar 22, 2010
    Keep the more expensive one.

If it costs more, it must to be better.

And it will send the right message to people giving you gifts ...

Next time, spend more money.
  3. fig
    macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Personally I can always find things on Amazon to spend money on, so I'd go with the cheaper one to see how you use it and if you get a lot out of the tablet (I have one of the less expensive Wacoms and have learned I really don't use it much).
  4. macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I personally love the Intuos, so that's my vote. Pricing aside it's a better tablet and if you're a great artist you'll get some incredible results.
  5. macrumors 65816

Oct 26, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole
    I second this logic. I'm always spending money at Amazon and my iPad is essentially a toy.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2010
    the north, UK
    I have two intuos tablets, one at home and one at work
    I love them! I tried a bamboo and it just felt like it was lacking something
  7. macrumors 604

Jan 26, 2008
    Isla Nublar
    +1 for Intuos. The Bamboo is great for people on a budget but honestly you'll appreciate what the Intuos has to offer in terms of customizability and pen input.

You'll really see benefits using software like Corel Painter and ZBrush.
  8. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 6, 2011
    Kept the Intuos 5, RMA'd the Bamboo Create

Thanks to those who provided thoughtful responses. I actually can see merits for both sides. I kept the Intuos because personally the knowledge that I'm working with less-capable equipment than necessary is a real source of frustration. I may not need the sophistication of the Intuos 5 today, but I do know that as my skills grow I won't be limited by hardware.