So should I get the iPad Mini or a PS Vita?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tymaster50, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors 68030

Oct 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    iPad Mini I can download games for free, PS vita I'm sure I would have to pay for everything and since I'll be going to college I'm not sure if it's worth the investment but I already have an iPhone 5. I know I know "can't make a decision without going to macrumors" but I just wanted to hear another opinion on it

iPad Mini Pro's
    first iPad
    Bigger screen
    Able to do more stuff,
    more expensive
    possibility of being sold out
    will be possibly outdated in a few months
    PS Vita
    finally a game system(ps3 got red light)
    smaller and more portable
    cons -
    have to buy games again
    heard it isn't too good right now.
    Or should I try to go for a larger iPad?
  2. macrumors G5

Aug 17, 2007
    At this point, I would never buy a dedicated hand-held gaming system. There are a lot of capable gaming tablets that play great games.
  3. macrumors 604

Sep 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well, it depends - What sort of games do you want to play on it? Casual games like Angry Birds or more hardcore games like FP-Shooters?
  4. macrumors member

Jan 27, 2010
    It really depends on what kind of games you play. If you want a 10 minute time waster, the iPad has lots of games that fit. If you enjoy more involved games, the PS Vita would probably be a better choice. I have yet to find a serious iPad game I would not rather play on a console device. The controls on iPad games are usually what sucks.
  5. macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    Get the iPad Mini. Since you're going to college, it's going to be really beneficial to you because you'll be able to use it for note taking, studying notes, maybe some textbooks, and some other things. There are some pretty good games too and always new ones coming out every week, and they're not going to cost you $20-50 a pop like the Vita ones will, more like ~$15 (the really good ones anyway).

You're going to college, why do you even need a portable gaming system for anyway? Just think about it.