So sick of Yahoo linking to negative Apple news

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by SilentLoner, Feb 27, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

2. macrumors 601

GermanyChris

3. macrumors 68020

You can't have everything. Reality can be tough to face.

4. macrumors 601

eawmp1

Interviewing Scully about the current state of Apple says more about the sad state of reporting by CNBC than it does about Apple.

In fact, considering the job he did, I would assume the opposite of his statements.

OP, why don't you spend more time on CNN where they link nothing but positive stories about Apple. You will be happier.

5. macrumors 68000

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I dont use it as my news source but just my home page. When I go to find "news" I go to more balanced news sources and CNN and BBC News is one of those sources. I just find it funny the amount of negative stories from forbes aswell.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darcytravlos/2013/02/28/apple-to-google-switching-costs-from-iphone-to-motorola-razr/?partner=yahootix

is an example.

7. macrumors 6502

I quit using Yahoo because so many of their links led to untrustworthy sites. Click on a movie review and get a warning it is an untrustworthy site. I just dumped the whole site off my computer. When they send out their news, I have it go to junk mail and there is no problem. I use Apple products that work for me. I'm not in the market so I really don't care about how the stock is running. They are merely a company doing business well, and make some products I find useful. Why all the angst?

8. macrumors G3

roadbloc

OP. Pay attention to this poster. He knows stuff.

9. macrumors 601

Plutonius

I stopped using Yahoo awhile back. I couldn't be happier :D. I found all their news to be biased.

10. macrumors G5

Rogifan

I hate the financial sites yahoo links to. Most of it's click bait and doesn't provide any real information. Business insider is one of the worst.

11. macrumors member

Try Fox News...they are "fair and balanced" !

Bahh haaaa haaa haaaa

12. macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

I haven't used Yahoo in ages, either.

More importantly, why do you care? Does it make your battery life shorter or something?

13. macrumors 6502a

I haven't used Yahoo since the 90s. Didn't think they were still around.

14. macrumors regular

A lot of outlets are Apple slap happy right now. It doesn't bother me because I know when it's BS.

15. macrumors 601

GermanyChris

The are, and they have a stellar CEO and she's doing all she can to make it better. Their lack of relevance in last 6-8 years is hard to overcome though.

16. macrumors 601

Plutonius

The sad thing is I would much rather go to Fox News than Yahoo. I find Yahoo to be the worst news site on-line.

17. macrumors 6502

18. macrumors 603

quagmire

That would be Gawker owned media.... At least Yahoo has some ethics....

19. macrumors 601

Plutonius

I would have to disagree but that's my opinion :). I find Yahoo news reporting / ethics very questionable.

20. macrumors 603

quagmire

Has Yahoo employees do anything like/worse than going around a convention turning other companies displays off while they are presenting? Do they buy stolen prototypes? Do they break embargoes just to be first to post pictures of a car?