So the Apple Store just called...

Discussion in 'Community' started by theonenonlyjoey, Jul 1, 2005.

1. theonenonlyjoey macrumors member

theonenonlyjoey

and i have an interview on wednesday! I have been waiting for this day ever since i turned 18 which was 2 months ago. Wish me luck!

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. Mr LuLu macrumors member

Hey man, good luck!!! ;)

I was in the Apple store in London just yesterday and it's one of the greatest shopping experiences I've ever had. Nearly split up with my Fiancee because she wouldn't let me buy a Powerbook - but that's another story for another day!

Let us know how you get on! :D

4. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

how long did it take you to get that call since you turned in your app? just wonderin.... :eek:

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Good luck, theonenonlyjoey! I noticed you live in San Jose, CA. Which Apple Store is it at? Valley Fair? Oakridge? Or further out like Stoneridge or Palo Alto?

6. theonenonlyjoey thread starter macrumors member

theonenonlyjoey

2 days. I applied on Tuesday. I do have experience as i voluntarily worked for oracle for a few months. Wonder if that helped.

7. theonenonlyjoey thread starter macrumors member

theonenonlyjoey

Valley Fair store

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Experience like that always looks good on a resume. You must also be a very impressive young man. Have you applied to college already? I wish you all the best with the interview. Be sure to get a good nights sleep. ;)

9. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Hee I feel your pain....bet you a pint that when she wants to have a kid she'll not understand your reservations for her 'must have' rantings.

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

there is a thread here somewhere where a person that worked at an apple store got fired because he was searching on rumor sites like this. Just be careful not to come to any sites like this while you are at the store or talk about rumors with customers.

11. mac-er macrumors 65816

Yep..joey...you'll be done with MR soon
    :)

12. theonenonlyjoey thread starter macrumors member

theonenonlyjoey

may have to change the name soon. Macrumors is my life....i woouldn't be caught on this site at work or telling customers about it.

13. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

You are lucky

The apple store called me a couple months ago, I am only 17 and they wanted to interview me. I only applied for the heck of it. I had to tell them no because I live 45 minutes from them and I would only make about 2/5 of the money because of gas there and back. I heard that it really isn't the greatest place to work, although you can wear almost anything to work. You have to deal with many ignorant customers and don't get very good discounts. Although I had heard about employees getting free shuffles at one point. Maybe I am just jealous. :( :rolleyes: :p ;)

good luck

14. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I've personally discussed rumors with employees. It's nice when they dont' always give you the brush-off, but rather, more politely, carry on a speculative conversation for a few minutes, but still have it end with "I don't know".

I hate it when the Apple Store employees pretend that there aren't rumors. It just makes them look silly.

15. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You are just jealous. I am surprised they wanted to interview you since you have to be 18 when you apply. Anyway, good luck and hope you get the job.

16. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

You mean, as long as it's black and says "Apple" right? :)

17. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

not at the one in novi, MI appearantly? I was shocked as well. Its not that they can't hire you at 17, its that why wouldn't they hire a 18+ year old who can work more hours and be legally an adult instead of a 17 year old. I heard that most of the people that work at apple stores usually don't know that much about the products. I know you all roll your eyes :rolleyes: let me try and find a link to the old thread I had about this.

18. theonenonlyjoey thread starter macrumors member

theonenonlyjoey

when i was applying i heard a conversation between an employee and a customer and the employee was going on about the switch from TOSHIBA chips to intel chips. The customer had to correct him.

19. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Awesome, I usually go to that Apple Store. If/when you get the job, maybe I'll see you there :)