So the buttons don't light up on the 4g?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Jul 19, 2004.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Cuz then, now i relly looooooove my 3g.. pure babe magnet.... lol :p

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

they use the lights to stumble out of your room in the middle of the night? ;-)

3. raynegus macrumors regular

It's probaby one way they conserve power on the 4G.

4. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

yeah, power savings make sense...but are they or arent they baklit? (the buttons)

5. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

nope

at least im guessing not. if they were, wouldnt apple have posted pics in the gallery at the ipod site like they did for the 3g backlight? another thing making the g4 so damn fugly :mad: it's the first new revision of something i dont want in quite a while. that and the gba sp

6. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Ooh.. that would be sweet. Imagine two rings illuminated with the control icons within them. I wish I were good enough at photoshop to do my vision justice...

7. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Who needs backlit buttons when your fingers can instinctively hit the right one without looking? Just like the 1st and 2nd generation iPods, this one has very instinctive and intuitive controls. I've had my 3rd gen over a year and I always have to look at the buttons.

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I don't. From the left: REWIND, MENU, PLAY/PAUSE, FORWARD ;)

And no, I did not look at my or any other iPod :p

9. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

the thing is on the 3rd gen ipods each one of those 4 buttons along the top feel the same if you arent looking. it would be easy to confuse the middle 2 buttons if you werent looking. with the new clickwheel like on the mini its very hard to hit the wrong button. (well it is on the mini ive tried anyway.) the idea is simple, but genius!

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

That is a good point, however with me I can somewhat tell the difference between the two center buttons without looking at them; I can feel their relative location in relation to the edge of the iPod. I guess I'm just weird..... :p

11. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

They certainly don't look as clean as the 3Gs, although I will hold off final comment until I see one in person. More to the point however the gba sp is awesome, it was an amazing update, decent battery life, backlight and nice small package !

12. colinp macrumors member

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about tech4all! I, too, can intuitively feel where the middle two buttons are in relation.

As far as I'm concerned though, given how much music I have on my iPod, I'm only looking at it when a playlist is up to find another playlist to play. And at that point I need to be looking at it.

And the GBA SP is great! How can you not like it?! Especially over the original GBA's design? I guess people sometimes get finger cramps, so maybe that's the problem?