So the Sen's will probably win the Stanley Cup

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by XNine, Jan 5, 2006.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    These guys are insane on the ice. Don't get me wrong, I want my Av's to pull through this goalie BS. They've seemed to be doing better with their Defense lately, but the Sens are kicking the hell out of pretty much any team they meet.

They are 28 Wins 7 Losses 3 OT Losses. Thats the best in the whole league.
    Flyers are looking much better than they did in the beginning. Vancouver is starting to look like hell.

I think the Sens will take it.

You?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It's a little early to call a winner, no? Still more than 1/2 the season to go.. and a lot can happen in 41 games.

3. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Ive predicted the Sens to make it to the cup and take it early in the season.

Ill say Sens vs Detroit

4. Cfg5 macrumors regular

Hockey's still around? I thought it was gone.:confused:

5. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

Wings fan myself... I'll go along with that. :)

...now, how are those Pistons doing again?

6. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

They probably will but I'm still rooting for the Leafs.

I just wish the Sens could have won it with Lalime, I hate Hasek. :mad:

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Psssh. The Carolina Hurricanes are going to win the Stanley Cup this year. ;)

8. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I think it's a bit early in the season to say anything that drastic, who knows what will happen once the playoffs start.

Clayj, normally I would laugh at that, but this year the canes are 9 spots ahead of the canucks. I never thought I'd see the day. Carolina used to be the team that nobody would want to see because it was a guaranteed win, people would be desperately trying to get rid of their tickets.

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

People seem to forget that Carolina played against Detroit for the Stanley Cup back in 2002. And this year we've got Eric Staal, who's a hockey scoring machine.

10. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    True, it's still early, but damn are they doing well. Watching the Av's right now. 2-0 over the Wild. Two breakaways in under a minute.

I feel bad for the Bluejackets... Their stats are horrible. lol

Edit: Av's won 4-2, 3 breakaways. Very nice. Just need to keep going at this point.

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Are you guys watching the final game for the juniors? Canada is killing right now 4-0. I'm so damn mad im not at the game right now.:(

12. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

Flyers all the way. This will break the 24-year jinx of no city championships. They've beaten the Senators twice already, and are red hot. I just wish they didn't have so many players in the Olympics, so they could rest for 2 weeks, instead of playing and risking injury **knock-on-wood**. ;)

13. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Definitely. I got in an argument today about this. One of my friends, who is more of a die-hard Flyers fan than I am (not that I don't love Flyers myself), said that winning all these recent 1 goal games (they did it again tonight) makes them a bad team. They should be killing many of these teams by 3 or 4 goals. I think by winning all these 1 goals, they are proving that they can win close games. During the playoffs, how many blow outs do you see? Most games are decided by 1 or 2 goals. The Flyers will be tough to beat.

14. amholl macrumors 6502

Hate to break to you Sen's fans, but the Bruins just Manhandled them 4-2. But anyways, I think it'll be a great cup no matter whos playing because at least there will be one:p

15. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

I absolutely agree. They have turned a grueling 11-game road trip into a points bananza. I think right now, they are the best team in hockey, but then again we have a long way to go. The most amazing thing about this half of the season is that they had so many injuries, but the young guys (Carter, Eager, Meyer, richards, Umberger) from the Phantoms have been outstanding. Just wait until Primeau, Stevenson and Dejardins come back. The team will be stacked. I hope this is the year.

16. rock6079 macrumors 6502

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

The way they played tonight against the rangers i doubt it... i'm a big ranger fan but the rangers who's whole team is jagr did a decent job tonight...

18. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

19. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'm happy that the canucks finally won tonight. Before tonight they had only 2 wins in their last 10 games :eek:.

I'm also very pleased with the way the kings game is going. Only half way through the second and I already have 8 points from corvo and conroy :).

20. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

A little early to predict.

All I hope for is Canadian teams (with the exception of the Leafs) to go deep into the playoffs. I'll be cheering for the Canucks and the Sens.

Couldn't agree more. As a tender growing up in minor hockey I despised him, I still hate his style. The Sens almost lost me as a fan after that signing, but then they got me back when they traded Hossa for Heatley, and cemented it with McGratton.

21. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sabres fan here...they're breathing down the Sens' necks with great all-around team play. Agree that Ottawa will be tough to beat, but don't count out Buffalo in the Northeast.

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like how you said "Go Leafs Go" after you had said "lets not kid ourselves." :p

But yeah, go Leafs go!!

I think there are a few teams out there who can give the Sens a run for their money, but it's definitely not the Leafs. Hopefully the Sens get knocked out of the playoffs early so that the Leafs don't have to face them. How many times has Ottawa annhilated the Leafs? :(

23. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Yes but how many times have the Leafs knocked the Sens out of the playoffs in the past few years even when they were out classed in the regular season? I'll give you a hint: every single time they've played them. ;) Sure it'll have to come to an end eventually but the Leafs own the Sens in the playoffs.

Still the Sens and Flyers scare me the most when facing the Leafs in the playoffs.

24. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Wings over Leafs. Gotta pull for the Original 6.

25. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Right on. Go Bruins!