So, the update is that there is no update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tovarish22, Sep 9, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Seriously, Apple? The update to the iPod Touch is just shuffling around the prices and sizes?

Really? No camera? No Mic? Nothing?

2. macrumors newbie

Not really happy or sad about the ipod touch refresh. Love the faster and bigger, but no camera? Come on... apple needs to get with the program.

3. vpr
    macrumors newbie

I feel the exact same way. They [Apple] must not have any fear from the ZuneHD and it's offerings to be so mundane in their non-update.

4. macrumors regular

If this is indeed all there is, it's extremely disappointing.

5. macrumors regular

Jeez, I hope SJ comes back out after Norah with more news!

6. macrumors member

The 8gb -> 32 gb gap is also very strange. Why not make the first model 16 gig?

7. macrumors 65816

Must've been because of the problem that was rumored with their cameras..maybe that's why it wasn't announced.

8. macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Very disappointing and :mad: indeed.

9. macrumors newbie

Right. This is the first time apple has disappointed me BIG TIME. I'm mean come on... why in the world would they not even throw in a few supposed pirks? I'm not even sure I'm going to buy one now.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

So you think they had two Touch models to announce, one with camera and one without, and they just announced the non-camera version?

That seems a bit...wrong.

11. macrumors 68020

Beric

I was expecting something mediocre that I would buy, not something terrible that made me regret I didn't buy it a year ago., and question whether even to buy it.

12. macrumors 65816

macgeek18

Ya it's so sad,well,I'll just be content with my old 8GB 1st gen itouch till next september,or I'll sell it and my macbook for a macbook pro,ya.

13. macrumors regular

Crap! The biggest let down, EVER!!!!!!!!!

14. macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Perhaps they're trying to keep at least some differences between the iPhone and iPod Touch? dunno

15. macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Guess what, there is no 3G! I mentioned this posibility a while back and folks here said "no way, there are ALWAYS new iPods in September!" LMFAO!!!

16. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

What was the difference between the first and second generation, couple hours of battery life...?

17. macrumors member

Awful.

18. macrumors 6502

I'm also disappointed... almost EVERYONE thought that the Touch would get a camera, but it didn't and the nano did? Seriously...? I'm not upgrading.

19. Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I know its not a major update but the graphics have supposedly been upgraded to that of the 3GS, I know not a lot but its something.;)

20. thread starter macrumors newbie

I would think the phone and 3G capabilities would be plenty of difference...

21. macrumors member

I was ready to shell out $399 for a 64 gb model. Now I'm seriously thinking of getting a bigger iPod Classic.

22. macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

A video camera in the nano where it isn't one tenth as useful? Lame. Very disappointing.

23. macrumors newbie

The sad thing is that there was a troll who predicted this. A troll for heaven sake.

24. macrumors regular

That is the update. NO update

25. macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what kind of use a camera on the touch would have had for me but I'm disappointed to say the least it's not happening. I do find it incredibly odd given the sheer amounts of leaks regarding the camera on the touch that it didn't happen. The cases already in production are the biggest source of confusion, surely they would create a case based on rumors and bring it into production? I know they've been created based on speculation but did those actual make it to production? My feeling is something went seriously wrong during production, although given that the new models are shipping in the next two days it seems a bit quick to revamp a production line of camera-less models. :confused: