So then, bad idea to buy iBook now?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by neoelectronaut, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. iGary Guest


    May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Well, it was October when they were updated....

    If you need it buy it, you'll get a coupon for Tiger.
  2. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020


    Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    Well, the main MacRumors site said "Don't Buy - Updates Soon".

    I was planning on buying one after Tiger was released, but if they're gonna get updates soon I'll just wait for that. Hopefully it'll be soon and not in...September or something.
  3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020


    Apr 11, 2004
    Ive been waiting to get an ibook for about a year now and Im getting one as soon as they update(should be soon). If I was you I would wait!
  4. Macheath_Messer macrumors member

    Aug 14, 2003
    Ringgold, GA
    Bad idea for me

    Well, it was a bad idea for me to have just bought an iBook in the last week, I'm afraid, at least from these viewpoints:
    • Potential updates to the iBook line very soon
    • The announcement of Tiger today screws me over because I purchased my lovely new iBook exactly one week ago!

    Right now, I'm most flabberghasted about the Tiger update. :mad: I'll be in contact with Apple in the next couple days. I'm going to pray they'll have mercy and let me on this boat!

    As far as buying now: if you need the iBook now (like I did last week), then get one, by all means. My little 12.1" model is running very nicely. If you don't need it right away, then wait. :)

    FWIW, now I'm going to go back to sulking about the cutoff date for receiving a "free" update to Tiger! :mad:

Share This Page