So then, XP Games on Intel MacBook Prot

Discussion in 'Games' started by XP Defector, Apr 9, 2006.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

What's the verdict? Are they pissing all over the latest games like Oblivion?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think it's unfeasible to expect an inanimate object to urinate over anything ;)

Seems to play all the NEW games with medium and older 1 year or more with HIGH settings.... For gaming regardless, it's better than current games on OSX.

3. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, it is an old British metaphor!

Really want those of MacBook Pros' - although I've forgotten how much a massive and significant decision it is buying a new computer.

Anyone played Oblivion with the MBP with maxed settings? I guess thats one of the most demanding games out now. Looks amazing, reason to buy a new computer altogether :eek:

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I guess it's not only Americans who dont get irony and sarcasm :rolleyes:

:D :) :D Only Joking!!!

EDIT: This is an update, I bought the retail version instead of the demo. Some settings changed :)

At 1280x768, ALL settings on high. Self Shadows off. All other shadows on full. Computer detected as HIGH quality, only thing I added was the other grass shadows etc...

HDR enabled.

Runs very smooth now, inside and outside. I'm very surprised and delighted. Upping the resolution does see a drop, but this is to compare it to the 360, now they both look and play identicaly.

I also added a corded Xbox 360 pad and it works great with oblivion.

If you want this for oblivion. GET IT!!!! This on a 256mb ATi X1600 20@ 2ghz, 2gb Ram...