Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Just got my Powerbook back from repair, and I was looking through the paperwork. According to the paperwork, they replaced the "TOP CASE MOD ASSY, Q 16B". I'm just curious, does anyone know what that means? Thanks

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Sounds technical... Something to do with the top part of the case, some kinda mod, a mod accessory.
Q 16B? It means nothing. They just put that there so customers will get scared of the long name, prevents them from asking funny questions. ;)
Purring over google, I think it might be this piece.

mmmcheese

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2006
Call up Apple and ask what that part is...the worst they can say is that they won't tell you (although I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't).

onthat

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Ruston, Louisiana
Lacreo said:
Sounds technical... Something to do with the top part of the case, some kinda mod, a mod accessory.
Q 16B? It means nothing. They just put that there so customers will get scared of the long name, prevents them from asking funny questions. ;)
Purring over google, I think it might be this piece.

HILARIOUS!!:D

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Q16B is Applese for "15 inch PowerBook". "Top case mod assy" is just that, the top half of the case with all the attached electronic goodies. For many repairs they don't bother replacing individual parts, just whole chunks of the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.