So...what do we call them?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by joecool85, Jul 26, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

The iBooks I'm assuming are a new rev...but what about the mini? Is that enough of an update to call them rev b? Or since they have never had a revision, is this a rev a?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Well, iBooks is hard because the G3's were pretty much the same. If you do count iBooks, the Rev will be pretty darn high, like O or P...lol

With G4's.....I'd say 800Mhz Rev A, 1Ghz Rev. B, 1.2Ghz Rev. C, 1.33Ghz, Rev. D. That's the 12"s.

3. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

So the iBooks are up to rev d (and so are the PBs) but what about minis? That's the one I'm really curious about.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I don't think it's a new revison. I still call it Mac Mini revA.

[​IMG]

5. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

That's kinda what I thought since it didn't get any speed bump...no gpu update or anything. The only difference is no you can order it w/o a modem and also it comes with a standard 512mb ram.

6. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

heh, i have a rev A.5 PB then, cause i have a rev A PB with extra ram!!!! i think thats a good name for the latest minis . . . rev A.5 there is no difference except for the standard options!!!

7. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

Rev A +

nothing has changed... except some BTO are standard on the 1.42 and more ram... well apple did that before... wich didn't make it a Rev B... to be rev B there needs to be something new wich cannot be user changed... for instance the Graphics card -> why not switch to the one used in the new iBook rev so ALL mac's now are using coreimage I mean, if you call it new and its still not up to date to your latest software... itsn't that a bit LAME???

8. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Don't the new iBooks still only have 32mb VRAM therefore making them not core image compliant? Or is it just the ripple effect or what? *confused*