So, what do we complain about now?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mechcozmo, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I want to know, seeing as it is my duty as a Macintosh fan, if I still have to whine about the PowerBook G5 or the PowerBook P5. I demand to know what to make bad, overused jokes, about next Tuesday, seeing as there are now two possible names.

So join me, freaks and fans, in our demand to find what to complain about!

We will be heard!

2. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I'm happy that today's WWDC finally puts the nail in the coffin of the PB G5, no more of these damn threads! Well, except for the PB P5! or whatever the hell they call it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was planning on going back to complaining about Tiger instability. ;) That should keep me occupied for a good while. :D

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I was thinking about "no dual P4 laptops yet" or why I can't seem to buy a 23" quad G5 iMac for $599.

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

The same thing we always complain about Pinky, the lack of a good GPU for gaming and the inability to upgrade to a better one in iMacs.

Maybe this will fix that problem as well though.

6. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I see the Pinky and the Brain reference in my sig. is not without it's influence!

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oooh, oooh, I forgot one. One button mouse, baby! :D

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Two of my most favorite fictional characters.

9. iGary Guest

iGary

I hate my job, but I have an interview on Wednesday.

There, I bitched.

10. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I know this forum is about bitching but good luck on your interview!

11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Won't be the Powerbook P5... still on G5 until 2006.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT! QUICK! HIDE YOUR GOOD MACS IN YOUR BASEMENTS!!! Intel is coming!

like in the movie I, Robot, the intel mac will say to the PPC mac, "I'm Sorry, You are No Longer Needed" and hide them all in a cellar so they will cry, then the Intel Mac will be taken over and kill all the PPC macs.

12. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....my bitch for the day, and I really hate to say it as the mods here do a first-rate job....but the Hardware and Software forums are a complete disaster at the moment. It looks like every member (almost) has decided that they need their very own Apple/Intel thread. I am not even going to bother getting into any of them as I wouldn't know which one to start in and could probably copy/paste my response into any or all of 50 different threads. A significant portion of them should be locked or wastelanded or something.

Again - I have a lot of respect for the mods here and don't envy their task. It has been a huge day for Apple and there were bound to be countless threads about it...but I think perhaps a stop could have been put to it a bit earlier......oh yeah!

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's our own geeky little way of coping with this very strange turn of events. Everyone's just gone off and started talking to themselves in their own little threads. Don't worry, it'll blow over in a few days. :)

14. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

That's very constructive bitching and I couln't have said it better myself, and I did try.... some where... in one of the threads.....who knows, they all look the same.

15. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well... we can still picking on each other :rolleyes:

Actually, if all of you start to notice the falme wars are higuer when there are not actual rumors so... I can expect some heavy wars between people around here.

By the way:

1. No one noticed the "area 51" at Apple where they were developing the intel computers. That was soo cool. I actually feel like the government finally accepted there were aliens in Nevada.

2. The impresive high quality of the broadcast. Go to Apple.com and watch it, in my G4 Powerbook looks great, the best streaming video ever.

16. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You being sarcastic? It's horrible. :(

17. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Are you kidding me? The quality is incredible.

18. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm on a G5 iMac with a 1.5Mbps connection and Apple has so little bandwidth it's un-watchable. Hopefully, you're getting a better connection then.

19. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

They're fictional?? :eek: .... ;)

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I just realized that when Intel announces a new processor, we're all going to be screaming until Apple finally puts it in they're machines.

Who wants to see Dell get a new CPU before Apple?!?!?!?

D

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Even though you dislike you job, just don't quit until you have a new job. ;)

Sometimes looking around will change an attitude current a current job. Hope that you will find success in whatever you decide.

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I hate how we're probably not getting a faster iBook or Powerbook now, and we'll probably need to wait one year before we get a fast Pentium-M into the Powerbook.

I also hate how Intel has only increased from 3GHz P4s to 3.6-3.8GHz P4s over the past 2 years, and a similar progress was made by IBM (2GHz to 2.7GHz), and yet the switch was made anyway. Its not as if Intel is doing a great job. They hit a wall as well, and not just a speed wall. The P4 is too hot as well.

I hate how we didn't go to AMD.

I hate how we probably won't get dual P4s.

I hate the idea of still being a student, and I've only started my 3 year PhD.

I hate the confusing situation between me and my girlfriend right now.

23. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I stepped in dog **** taking out the trash today. That's really about all I have to bitch about. I have nothing Apple related except that my step-father (a die hard anti-Apple person) will not let an opportunitiy pass to mock me somehow about the whole ordeal. He won't let things go. Oh well, by the time they come out, it will be time for me to get a new computer anyway, so I don't really care about the whole thing.

24. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I hate that I can't seem to get anywhere with women, when virtually everyone agrees that I'd be a great catch for anyone... I'm terribly close to giving up and swearing them off for good.

(On the other hand, I like my two most recent art acquisitions... here's one of them.)

25. Fiddytree85 macrumors newbie

Fiddytree85

HE-AAC and AAC VBR in iTunes
    iPod having capability of recognizing EQ presets via iTunes.

My personal favorite: iBook keys rubbing off :D