So what has Apple messed up with the latest airport / itunes releases???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tateusmaximus, Oct 10, 2005.

1. tateusmaximus macrumors member

tateusmaximus

it seems the apple employee that released the latest updates of airport express and/or itunes was off with the fairies! unless my airport card or express and many others have been having problems for some other reason.

i can seem for the life of me get my powerbook airport card to work normally.

everything was fine till i updated the software (airport utility & firmware and itunes). i cant be on the net and print/airtunes at the same time at home. i have two AEs. one i can net with but not airtune. the other i can airtune with, but havent tried interneting with yet.

then i went back to uni and i had to re-setup my wireless there which is on a different network location cause it came back with "There was an error joining blah blah"

ive tried going back to airport6.1.1 and previous airport admin utility. but now the airport admin utility hangs when i scan!

BAH!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

what did they mess up.

Absolutely nothing everything is perfectly normal on my end

3. tateusmaximus thread starter macrumors member

tateusmaximus

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you post this same issue in the middle of another thread? If so, I remember trying to help you but hitting a wall because we ran out of options. I can't find the thread now but I seem to remember asking you to ditch all sorts of preference files (AirPort and iTunes), resetting your router (unplug for fifteen seconds), checking their settings in the AirPort Admin Utility etc.

What do you mean by the AirPort hangs when you scan? What are you doing exactly? Sorry for not being very helpful, I'll have a look through the Apple Support forums after dinner for some better advice (hopefully). :)

5. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Looks like this is a couple days old, but the last airport update screwed up my airport express as well. I use it for airtunes only and it no longer holds a connection. I have reset it, uploaded the original software, and whatever else was recommended but it still doesn't work properly. I have settled on just unplugging it and replugging it when I want to use it, which usually works. After a few hours of not using it, the light turns orange until I unplug it again. Occassionally, I have to reset it to make it connect. At times the light just completely goes out, and I have no idea why, but that's when I reset it.

Anyways, you are not alone with having problems since the latest update, I've just given up on it for now. I have wasted many hours trying to fix it.