Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Viper Filmstream and post on Da Vinci 2K with Power Windows.

Canon XL2 and DVX100b

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
You didn't specify what kind of camera, so:
Primarily a Canon Rebel 2000 (35mm)
Also use a 1974-ish Minolta SRT-101 and the camera on my SonyEricsson S710a.
I also own a P.O.S. Seagull TLR, and a Kodak 8mm movie camera. I need to get some film for that one.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Pentax 330RS (getting old, but still works well and fits easily in a pocket)

Minolta X-370 with a Minolta 28 mm, a 50mm, a Vivitar 70-210, winder and other little bits . . .

Pentax ME - Like a brick, used for snowboarding / hiking and preventing cars from rolling down hills.

Kodak Kodamatic No.1 Folder (620) from 1938. Kind of fun, but not so useful since I have to roll my own film.

Some homebuilt pinhole cameras.

Edit: Sorry all, I seem to have missed the point - and have no digital video camera - just an old 8mm Sony movie camera that doesn't see much use.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Kodak EasyShare 3something.

It's a 3.2MP with a 3x digital zoom.

It's served me well in Canada and the States but I want something with more res and an optical zoom. Some more manual control would be nice as well. I'm no professional but I can take some good pickies with the camera I have now but it takes some editing afterwards. I don't know if it's just me but it seems to be unable to deal with the Australian light. I bought it in Canada and it tends to overexpose everything when the sun's out. I can dial out some of the light that it measures but I find myself still having to edit them in iPhoto to get the light just right.

Ah well, roll on Christmas. Now that I know I'm not getting the new iPod I'm hoping for either a new camera or a new phone.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
Applespider said:
Well, since it's in the digital video rather than the digital photography forum, I'm assuming he's talking about video cameras.

I use a Sony HC90 (don't think my use deserves the name 'shooting')
Thanks yeah, I didnt think I needed to specify since the board DV.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iGary said:
This post is in digital video, folks.

Oh, OK. I just click onto the post on the MR front page. I've rarely ventured into the forums themselves.

Just went 68k. Cool.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
caveman_uk said:
Panasonic NV-GS120 3CCD.

That's the video camera I have too... works great and I like the small size. :) Don't use it often enough though.

captainoats

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2005
Pv-gs120

atari1356 said:
That's the video camera I have too... works great and I like the small size. :) Don't use it often enough though.

Me to, though it isn't playing nice with my mac or maybe it's the other way around.

silverback66

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2005
CO
I have a Canon XL1. A great camera by most people's standards, but for me it's age is beggining to catch up with it. Hopefully I'll be able to swtch to a Panasonic HVX200 in the not too distant future.

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Some cheapo Sony that uses digi8 tape. Got it 4 years ago.

And for technicolor:

"He" is traditionally gender neutral, don't let those crazy feminists ruin it. :)

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
atari1356 said:
Ditto, it's a lovely camera but I don't use it enough.

captainoats: What's the problem you've got with the camera? I've not had any problems with mine. Can't fault it. I'm not picking on you...just want to help :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.