So, what's still missing on OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Space Moose, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Space Moose macrumors member

We've come pretty far in the past year or so. With Parallels and Rosetta, there's almost nothing you can't run on a new Mac (well, except Classic apps, but that's covered in a concurrent thread).

What's left though? Is there any app out there that you use regularly enough that using it in Parallels or even Rosetta is a pain? Obviously there are some biggies that are in the works (Office, CreativeSuite, etc), but what's missing that you want ported to UB?

Space

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

PROMT MT Russian-English translation software!

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I still can't get the dang tele-transporter fired up in OS X. Maybe Leopard will include an update for this.:eek:

4. Space Moose thread starter macrumors member

Well, that's what's missing in OS X, what about the apps that are missing on OS X?

Space

5. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

SolidWorks (a 3D model rendering program for engineers--for Windows) should be made into an OS X Application.

Also Dreamweaver for OS X needs major improvements (that if major changes to the software have not been made to the OS X version in the last 2 years).

6. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Maya. Or maybe it's just me, but ever since the autodesk snatch I have a hard time finding out when new versions are available.