So where is a good place to finance my purchase?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tachikoma, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Tachikoma macrumors newbie

So I don't have the funds currently to dump a whopping $1500-$2000 on a PowerMac G5. I've seen several places offering 0% financing for 12 months and was wondering where the best place to order is. I know CompUSA has a 12-24 month 0% finance going on, but I really would not like to order from CompUSA as I dislike the company quite a bit.

So any other ideas? I have about $800 saved up right now, but if I could get a 0% deal I would certainly take it and pay the rest by the time it's up (no problem). If I can't find a good 6-12 month 0% deal then I guess I'll just keep saving. I'd rather avoid any interest if possible :D

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Best Buy often has really good financing plans.

I got my last Sony laptop a few years ago with 24 months interest free payments.

3. Tachikoma thread starter macrumors newbie

I was checking best buy's website but they don't seem to sell PowerMacs. Just the eMac and iMac... or maybe I'm blind and just not seeing it on the site...?

4. iGary Guest

iGary

They sell them.

EDIT: Excuse the eff out of me, they must have stopped...

5. Tachikoma thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Hattig macrumors 65816

If you can't afford to wait to get a PowerMac (i.e., you earn money from owning it) then go for whatever deal you can get now with Applecare on top.

If you can't afford to buy a PowerMac easily, then either wait until you have the money, or ask yourself whether you really really need a PowerMac. For example for that $800 you could get a Mac Mini + monitor + accessories, and not have any ongoing debts. However the Mac Mini is a bit anaemic right now.

7. Tachikoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I already have a 17" Acer LCD with DVI and a Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB DDR Mac Edition & Keyboard/Mouse, etc. So I was kinda hoping for a PowerMac since I already have everything nice to run it.

What the heck is the AppleCare thing people keep talking about?

8. G5power macrumors 6502

Financing

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you have a MicroCenter store nearby they have a $100 rebate/cash back program if you apply for a credit card with them & use it to purchase a computer. If you were able to pay the purchase amount off in a short time, that $100 could easily exceed interest saved from a zero interest program.

FWIW - the folks working in the MicroCenter Apple department are much more knowledgable and Apple promoters then the local CompUSA's Apple department.

(www.microcenter.com)

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Extended warranty

See here for the one for the PowerMac.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]