So... WHO LikES COoKiES?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mr. MacBook, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

WHO????

just wondering who likes cookies, and if you do, post whats your favorite kind.

Mine is sugar cookies...

2. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Begging for a higher post count eh?

(I'm just playing):p

3. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

what the hell does that mean?

Btw i dont even know how to start a poll yet, and i wanted people to express their inner cookie

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I'll go along with this. :)

I like peanut butter, mainly. But I also like sugar, chocolate chip, white macadamia nut, mostly any kind of cookie. Oh and one of my favorites: Oatmeal Raisin with Butterscotch Morsels. :)

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm usually not a fan of cookies but I do like these...

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Anyone interested in making serious cookies needs to check out this book...best Peanut Butter cookies and Oatmeal cookies I have ever tasted in my life. I haven't tried the other recipes yet...as a bonus, it's written in a culinary-geek way where they explain how everything works and why.

7. MartyMoe macrumors regular

<picture of Thin Mints>
    <Picture of Caramel De'lites>

Oh, definitely those two are the Girl Scout cookie choices to make. I second both of those. (goes off to find the stashed boxes I have somewhere)

Also, warm soft chocolate chip cookies, gooey and just out of the oven. When they crisp up, they are not the same experience.

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

;) There's a sort of Girl Scouts headquarters near here (within a 15 minute drive) and they have cookies nearly year 'round. :D

I've only had the "freshly-baked-still-gooey" cookies like twice in my life. They were good, but I still love the relatively freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Had some a couple of months ago. I think gobbled up more than I was supposed to. :eek:

9. MartyMoe macrumors regular

Now I'm just jealous....

If nobody saw you, it doesn't count. A permutation of the "hollow chocolate has no calories" rule.

10. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I forgot about Girl Scout cookies. :) I love those Samoas. And the white oreos (or Cameos).

11. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

OMG thats where its at.

The chocolate is so melty and stuff and the cookie is like butter-soft

12. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

girl scout cookies, yum! like everybody, i like thin mints. not like everybody, i don't like samoas so much, but i do like do-si-dos. favorite cookie overall? oatmeal raisin. i can just eat those forever and ever.

13. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Short bread! The richer the better. Melting moments are my fav too :D I am a biscuit freak and if I wasn't dieting I would eat them all the time!

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I like to keep it old-school. Chocolate chip. ^_^

I like chocolate chip with oatmeal. If you google "cowboy cookies" I like those. A super-simple recipe. Add stuff, mix it, bake it, done.

That being said, I like to make super-complicated things, too. I've been baking all day and smell like chocolate. :D

15. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

16. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

my dad and i tried to make cookies, we failed miserably :(

used a metal spatula on a metal cooking sheet. got some metal scrapings from the sheet onto the cookies :eek:

17. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

WHY DO I FIND ALL THE FOOD THREADS AT NIGHT?!

Choco-chip, warm in the center, crusty on the outside. [HOMERSIMPSON]Mmm...cookies...*drools*[/HOMERSIMPSON]

18. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Okay let me break things down:

1. Cookie must be chewy. I don't care if I like what's in it, if it's hard it's gone.
    2. If it's chewy, I see if there are raisins in it. Raisins are bad.
    3. If it's chewy and there are no raisins, there should be chocolate in it.
    4. If it's chewy, there's no raisins, and there's chocolate in it, the chunks should be substantially large.
    5. If it's chewy, has no raisins, and has large chocolate chunks, the experience could greatly be enhanced with toffee chunks or pieces of brand name chocolates, M&M's for example.
    6. If it's chewy, has no raisins, has large chocolate chunks, toffee pieces and brand name chocolate bits in it, I eat it.
    7. ???
    8. Profit.

19. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

What gives Cap't?...I would have figured you are a crunchy cookie guy! :D

Attached Files:

20. mpw Guest

Oreos, but I really shouldn't as I'm trying to lose weight........so let's just keep this between us, I bought a packet in the supermarket today while on holiday. Huge disappointment, I'm in NZ but the Oreos come from a factory in China which obviously is still to master the art of the Oreo:( Each cookie came in three separate parts (disc of cookie/disc of creamy filling/disc of cookie) the creamy bit as stiff as the cookie bits and totally separate !??

Like I said, keep it between us OK.

21. mufflon macrumors 6502

I generally don't like cookies or any kind of bakery, but when I do find myself with a sugar tooth I tend to go with brownies, muffins and anything vanilla mmmmmmmmm :)

22. Queso macrumors G4

Waitrose (UK supermarket owned by communists...or something ;) ) do these large cookies. about 10cm across, with Belgian white chocolate pieces and cranberries. I've eaten about six of the things in a week, which is seriously pigging out by my standards. Must stop buying the damn things...