So who wants to go to a concert tomorrow night? (boston)

Discussion in 'Community' started by eva01, Aug 23, 2005.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

So i have an extra ticket to the Puffy AmiYumi concert at sommerville theatre on the 24th and the person i was going with can't go now. If anyone is interested just let me know. I will be upset if someone doesn't go with me as i bought the second ticket, thou it means i could lay down on the seats and relax.

Oh for those that don't know who puffy amiyumi are, they sing the theme song to Teen Titans (wonderfully awesome show)

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Heh, I could have seen them for free at Otakon this past weekend.

I didn't though.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not into concerts personally, just don't like large crowds. I wish you like in finding someone to use the other ticket. It's always more fun when you are going with another person. ;)

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I might end up having to create a post similar to this in a couple of weeks... I am having an extraordinary amount of difficulty finding someone (read: an attractive, intelligent female) to go with me to the Coldplay concert here in Charlotte on 9/9. :( Got tickets in about the 20th row...

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I went to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert last night, and I had a bit of a panic when I looked for the tickets. I bought them in April and had forgotten where I put them! They were electronic, so they were in a pdf file somewhere on one of my Macs. It's one time when having a lot of Macs around (at work and at home) is a disadvantage. Luckily, I found them in time. Whew!

6. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

yeah i have mine in on three different computers, but NO ONE TO GO WITH *cries*

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

If I was anywhere near Boston, I'd take you up on the offer.

Alas, I'm not.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

did you use spotlight ? ;)

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, as a matter of fact, which actually increased my panic level, since it couldn't find I have a few folders excluded from Spotlight indexing, and since I was surprising my wife with the tickets, I had hidden the file in one of those folders. It kept them hidden from both of us!

10. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

comeon people i know someone in MA wants to go right? or someone in another part of the state wants to fly here tonight and go with me, Please??¿

11. sambo. macrumors regular

sambo.

if u can throw in the ticket to Boston from Oz, i'm there...... :p

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'd go if I could maake the trek, but Baltimore to Boston, then back in time for work at 6 Thursday morning...ugh.
    I need a concert. I just found out that The Mars Volta played in Baltimore last night and I didn't even know about it. :(

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would love to go with you dear, but it is a bit far.... :(

14. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

A bit to far but im sure you wouldnt want to go with a 16 year old either so its good news for you.

clayj how could a inteligent girl not want to go to a coldplay concert! :eek:

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Well, as I've said repeatedly here, it's my opinion that most women are screwed up. I checked out that "Intellectual Whores" site, and sure enough, that's how many women have treated me: A nice, interesting guy to talk to, but no one you'd really be interested in. :(

16. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

*sobs* i have tried everyone on my buddy list i went to high school with.

Does no one like japanese bands around where i live, or do i smell bad? Or is it because i am a geek.

i guess i should be glad the ticket is only 26 dollars

17. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

YAY i finally found someone to go with me, and luckily it is her birthday so i am throwing it off as a birthday present :p YAY!!!!¡¡¡

18. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Great! Have fun at the concert.:cool:

BTW, do you notice a big difference between your 1GHz PB and your 1.5GHz PB?

19. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Puffy? Band or person?

I have been to a few concerts in my live.
    Recently 5 years or so, I have seen
    Beck: Didn't suck as bad as I thought, I rather enjoyed myself.
    Nsync: Blew donkey chunks, went with a friend and his daughter.
    Prince: Huge disappointment, his rig was fried and the replacement was fussy, it pissed him off and you could tell.
    Have been to 7 festivals with more than 10 bands each: The gathering, smile fest and the like.
    Alison Krauss:x2, My personal favorite female singer.
    Bruce Hornsby: X4, always a killer performer with a top notch band. Saw him this past sunday at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville. What a beautiful venue to hear beautiful music.
    Ratdog: X6
    Bob Dylan: X7
    Phil lesh and friends: X16
    OtherOnes/The Dead: X28
    So yea, My concert attendance has really waned in the last 10 years or so.
    I have probably been to more Grateful Dead concerts you most of you have songs in itunes, 583 to be exact.
    I even covertly taped that Nsync show, just so we could appreciate the true horror of it the next day.

Im really not gloating, living parking lot to parking lot for months at a time really isn't a status symbol. I just love live music. With the band and audience in the right frame of mind, the experience can be quite spiritual. (at least for me). At many dead shows you could feel, hear, and taste pure energy radiating from the stage, without drugs no less. Pure unseen energy being passed person to person, amplified with each soul. Vibrating within you, your body and the body of those around you connect on a distant unexplored level. The crowd connected in such a way as to reflect this pure energy back onto the stage where the musicians harness it and amplify it back into the crowd. Pure unadulterated magic. MUCH better than sex. Ask any head. If you have ever had such and experience, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, you probably think the feeling comes only with the use of drugs, It does not. When the conditions are right, its just there, for all to feel.

The ravers only know this feeling through the use of drugs, Ecstasy gives you a false sense of that magic, I feel sorry for them. Really a ****** drug all together.

Like the old school hippies say, don't go for the music, go for the magic.

20. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Stereotypes are alive and well :rolleyes:

22. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

OMG the concert was amazing AMAZING. I am so glad i went, i got a Tshirt, a Fan and a wrist band as well ^^. I have officialy decided however that i am going to japan to go see them perform as well. So i hope next year i will be well on my way to go

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

glad that you had a great time, and hope your future plans work out! see it all worked out in the end. i like happy endings.