So, who works at Apple HQ?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by blakespot, Sep 25, 2006.

1. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

I was hoping anyone reading this who works at Apple (Apple HQ in Cupertino) could message me (or email me at: blake AT blakespot DOT com).

No...not looking to setup a covert news operative within headquarters. :) I just have some questions about visiting the Campus. I may be out that way in January.

Thanks!

blakespot

2. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

They aren't allowed to be on these forums. Apple makes sure of it. I'm a candidate to be an Apple Campus Rep, and if hired, I'll need to revoke my membership to these forums.

Daniel.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

your best bet is to find a public information office phone number (or similar office) and give 'em a ring.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Never argue with (a) god.

Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Arn or Blakespot?
    Not that I'm saying Arn is a chicken or anything... :eek: :D

5. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

if you don't anything stupid, how would they know you're frequenting these forums? in fact, how would they know if you don't tell them?

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I think arn was first. :p

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That's a worthy technical question, but if someone gets hired by Apple there's a good reason they should stay away no matter what the technical answer is: They should follow the terms of their employment contract. It's only a forum system, and not worth risking a job over.

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Have you checked their join dates? :p

9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

That's surprising - is that a relatively new restriction, or is it Cupertino only?

10. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Do you mean "if you don't do anything stupid?"

Daniel.

Don't get me wrong... I love these forums... but I'd love a job with Apple more... ;)

Daniel.

Well, I'm about 99% sure it goes for all Apple employees. I'd only be a Campus Rep, that's pretty much not even involved with the company. So if they don't even want people low in the company like me to go on forums like this, I'm sure they're pretty serious about it.

Daniel.

11. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I'd say it must be a new restriction then - when I worked in Apple here we were pretty open about posting to Mac rumours sites, and there was nary any fuss over it.