So, who's gearing up for exams?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amateurmacfreak, May 16, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I, for one, have them next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    My 3rd round ever, and I'm having trouble getting motivated.
    I figured there is a fair number of students here getting ready for them.... thoughts on them? Study tips? When are you taking them?

We haven't started review yet... that's on Thurs and Fri. But they're definitely in the air, except for for my smart friends a year older than me who are able to be exempt from all.

2. macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not me. Graduation does wonders for the number of exams you have to take. Of course, the NCARBs are looming for me still...

3. macrumors member

yup yup... me too... its crazy! i just CANNOT be bothered to study!
    its like i sit down at my desk, my computer is at my desk, and then the procrastination starts. my exams are on June 5th, 6th, 9th, and the 12th... 9 exams altogether, 2 on 3 of the days, and 3 on the other one.
    I'm giving my AS level exams (college level for anyone who doesn't know what they are)... its getting pretty stupid now because i still havn't even STARTED revising... i don't know how i'm gonna study all the stuff and be prepared :eek:

-fuzz

4. macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've finished, my last one was one Monday. I'm waiting for my Grades *crosses finger for the 4.0*.

5. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Just finished major project/presentation and turned in research papers. Whew. A relief... but now, on to studying for final exams. I've got three, but really only two (one is just a time for others to finish presenting their projects): stats and cultural anthro; May 22, May 23, and May 25th. Then I'm done for the semester! :D

6. G99
    macrumors 6502

G99

I have Common Entrance in the UK. It's really an entrance exam organised by the Independent Schools Examination Board. It's in June, and I'm revising at the moment. I'm hoping for straight As :D. Anyway, these exams aren't as major as others on here, 'cos I'm 13. Still got a long time till the "big" exams :p

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Yep, I'm 13 too.
    But these will determine what high schools I can get into.
    And I'm hoping for straight As as well. :)

8. G99
    macrumors 6502

G99

I'm trying for St.Paul's School. Are you going for anyone in particular? Anyway, I got to do Maths, English, Latin, French, Ancient Greek, Geography, History, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. If I get Cs across the board, I'm in. A single fail grade i.e D/E, means I'm not in. I'm slightly nervous :eek:

9. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Common Entrance?!!! Woah, I'd forgotten about them, its nearly ten years since I took those things. Complete waste of time. All you need for most decent schools is a 50 or 55% average. I can't remember what I got now. I know I got really high marks for the maths papers (I think I did three of them) and physics. I hope you get into the schools you (or your parents) want!! Which schools are you looking at?

I've got an exam at 9am tomorrow. Just back on here to take a break and eat a sandwich. Man I wish it was a common entrance exam.

10. macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

My final exams were two weeks ago, so I'm done for the summer (or at least until I begin my Calc II class on June 26)! I had Accounting, Spanish, and Physics exams, so I was all across the academic board. ;) I was pretty scared of my Physics final, but I must have done well since I ended up with an A in the class. I'd ask the professor what I got, but I'm afraid there may have been some gross miscalculation and I would be presented with my REAL grade... :p

11. macrumors G4

dmw007

I finished my final exams for college last Wednesday! :D :D :D

12. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Gearing up? I took my final exams 2 weeks ago. I have been lounging around enjoying the great weather. Well good luck on that.

13. macrumors 68030

nbs2

I finished my final final of law school two weeks ago. Grades came in today. Not bad (actually my best of my law school career). A, A-, CR. Woohoo!

Anyway, I just wanted to wish the rest of you good luck. I can't believe that after finishing 19th grade, I'm done :D

14. macrumors G4

dmw007

Congratulations nbs2! It must feel wonderful to have all of that schooling behind you now. :)

15. macrumors 6502a

Shamus

I have mid-year exams in a couple of weeks for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths Methods and English. I am amazed how fast they have appeared! I really gotta study....:eek:

I cant study for exams today though...I have two English essays due in a couple of days...and a system analysis for IT. :(

Good Luck to everyone else who has exams coming up :), and well done to the people who have made it through them. :)

16. macrumors 6502a

Shamus

I have never heard of those....we musnt have them in Australia...

17. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm just glad the internet was something you had to go to the lab to use when I was in school. The whole internet thing really wasn't that big when I was in school and only because I was as CIS major did I have any exposure to it.

I'd have wasted too much time online and less time studying - especially since today you use your computer for studying as well....

Although, and this might sound crazy, I miss taking classes and having tests - weird, I know. But I like learning new things :D

D

18. macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Wednesday is deadline for delivering my final project at architecture school... my head is a mess at these days and there's a scaringly long way to go. Then I've got three weeks to prepare my defence for it.

I won't get a grade. Just passed or failed. And failed means another 100 days for another final project... and THAT is just not gonna happen, so I better get through this first time. Kinda nerve wrecking.

Ok, back to work. Good luck to you all.

A

19. macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I had my finals last week, now I'm just waiting for my grades to post. :eek:

I didn't study nearly as much as I should have, but I also believe that if you're doing your work throughout the semester, you shouldn't have a reason to cram at the very end. :)

Good luck with your tests. :cool:

20. macrumors 68000

MattyMac

ME TOO BRO!!! ...but for grad school.
    Such a nice feeling!

21. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Finished my AP exams last week (that's kind of like college finals...kind of...:rolleyes: )

Anyway, they were pretty bad. But at least they're over...:eek:

22. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Crap... 4 hours and fourty minutes until my first exam... 9am. I still haven't slept. It looks like its going to be an all nighter and then suffer through a 3 hour exam while tired. Thank God I got up late today (1:30ish pm).

A three hour exam on a year long module in Quantum Physics after being awake for 19 and a half hours. I must be crazy.

There's no other way I'm going to get through everything otherwise!!!!

23. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Crap... only an hour to go. Luckily I managed to get through everything, wrote out all the notes, read them through again, did all the problem sheets. Now I just have to learn the equations. 6 pages of them. In under an hour.

Double strength cup of tea for me...

24. macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I finished exams last week:)

25. macrumors 604

kretzy

I've got a fun few weeks lined up...

5th June - 2000 word research paper due
    - 2500 word essay due
    - 2 hour economics exam
    6th June - 2 hour quantitative methods exam
    :(

The only upside is that everything is over and done with early in the exam period which means that I have almost an entire month off between semesters! :)

Good luck to everyone with their studies! ;)