So who's going!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by whawho, Jun 19, 2003.

1. whawho macrumors regular

I plan on attending the WWDC stream at the Columbus Ohio Easton Apple Store on monday at 1 pm ... I'm wondering who else is going to go to their local apple store to view the keynote? I am more excited to see the panther demo (because I just bought a new powermac) ... but of course I'll be stoked if they announce 970's .... How many are actually going to attend the stream at an apple store?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm going to attend the stream on my iBook :) Seriously, the keynote starts at 5am local time (or maybe 4am) so watching it live via any means is out of the question. Sure I like Macs, but I like sleeping better!

What I've got to watch out for though, is that I watch the keynote pretty much straight away. Last time I went to apple.com first, which kinda ruined the keynote for me because I already knew what was coming. Sure I've been following the rumours, but the official announcements always give me a "warm fuzzy feeling" :)

3. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

I'll be at the South Coast Plaza Apple Store in Costa Mesa, California. 10am.

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

The Emeriville Bay Street Apple Store will not be steaming so I will not go.

5. Bolt macrumors newbie

I'll be at the Woodfield IL store at probably 11:30 CST just to make sure i'm there in time to have a good view of the show :)

I want that "warm, fuzzy feeling" as well :D

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I shall be at the Woodfield IL store as well, but probably by 11:55! I think two other MacRumors folks might be going there as well, Nawlins and MacBoy88.

7. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I'll be at the Pasadena Apple store. Come join the party!

8. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

the 23th June is the luxembourgish national day. there won t be any stores open. That means i ll have to look it via qt ;-) hanging all the day in front of the computer, i swear..

9. tagy macrumors regular

i will watch the QT stream here in the UK, I will also try to avoid any of the news before watching it.

hopefully the stream will be up soon after it has finished.

In the UK the keynote takes place at 6:00pm- 8:00pm incase anyone else was wondering

10. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I'm going to try to convince my mom to let me go. I have class at 12:40PM and the stream is supposed to end at noon, so I do have time.

But I was almost late for class at the Music Presentation, so she's not too happy with the idea of me going.

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

My friend and I decided not to go to The Grove after all. Now that MacRumors has revealed every last secret, I don't need to see Steve's song and dance as it happens. But I'll watch it on QuickTime later, just to make sure MacRumors rumors were 100% accurate.

12. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

i would go to the new bell sq. apple store if it was streaming, but alas it is not :(

13. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I'll be at the SoHo store in NYC. Should be a zoo. Lots of Mac nuts here. Hopefully all the surprises haven't been ruined due to the rumors. I'm sure they'll have something new I can spend some money on;)

14. firewizard macrumors member

i probably wont e able to go anywhere to watch the stream live,
    so i guess ill just have to watch on my computer later on in the day

15. Zion Grail macrumors regular

Expect to see me at the Fashion Valley store in San Deigo! 10AM or earlier!

16. jettaboi macrumors newbie

I will be visiting the Mall of America location . . . wouldnt miss it for anything.

:D

17. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I was thinking of going to the Mall of America as well, but I'll be working at the other end of the state (Thief River Falls) that day.

18. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

I wish the two local apple stores by me had a theater in the back! I guess the only way I can watch the keynote is on my iMac... Oh well, I'll be waiting all monday until the keynote starts streaming. :D

(I hope my resale value on my 1GHz iMac doesn't go down too far after this because I might have to sell it to get one of those nifty PowerMac 970s.)

19. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I plan on being at the Woodfield store too. See everyone tomorrow!

-Elan

20. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Yeah, I wish they'd get a theatre in there. I am not willing to drive to Palo Alto for it (not to mention I have a class at the same time.)

:(

Dan

21. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i plan to go see the stream at UT Austin, apparently they are showing it at the coputer center there. i'll find out, though, tomorrow at 12 :D

22. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'm going to Woodfield. I posted this on another thread already, meh. I'm getting there early to get good seats. ::is very excited::

23. senseibiz macrumors regular

Apple store in Las Vegas is not showing it.
    :-( . .
    so I will go to work and try to see it on satelite.