Soccer saved the world!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Dec 18, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, in my country we have been in national strike for 3 weeks now, I mean nothing is open, there is not even gas at the gas stations. All of this because 90% of the pupolation is asking for the president resignation.

Well, today the plan was to closed every single highway to stop the traffic in the city, actually in the entire country form 6am to 1 pm.

So, while people suporting the goverment and opositors (like me) where arguing and throwing rocks and bottles to each other in other parts of my 8million people city, in the upper east side (actually south east) where I live the two bands took a football and organized 2 teams and play football all the morning, the people "supporting the goverment" and the ones against.

While the rest of the city was in a fight, on this side we (they, I was sleeping) where having so much fun. In Venezuela we are like that, that is why nothing really works around here, we where made to party and having fun not for arguing about politcs.

That was good.

I'm adding a picture of the highway, I ddn't fine one with the actual game.

Attached Files:

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Politics and people with tobasco sauce in their blood... bad, bad combination.

I was married to someone who was half hispanic/half Italian, and you want to talk about fireball.

I can't even imagine how nuts you all get down there.

By the way, what did Duke edit out of the original post?

3. diorio macrumors 6502a

Re: Soccer saved the world!

Just curious, is it futbol, or futbol americano that you speak of?

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thats a very funny comment. me being hispanic and all... i know how some of us can get... but im sure some also would really be offended by that comment you made. im not.. i just know some would.

lol

5. superkatalog macrumors regular

please continue coverage mymemory! it's very interesting to get information from someone who lives in venezuela. there is not much information in our newspapers.

6. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Is football, the real stuff, no the north american thing.

Lating american people are long way more active than north american, that is just because the weather. Just imagine spending your live in a endless summer, you really would get used to continuos activity plus, if you do that for several generations it would end up in you blood for sure.

On the other hand in norther countries you would have to spend almost half a year locked in your house, office, car, without the same ammount of activity because of the weather too. And if you go back in time, peropl that live on cold weather use to be more organized but not as friendly as a lating poeple use to be.

No more news for the moment.

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Of course some would, that's the whole point!

Actually, it's a generalization stemming from the passion shown by a lot of hispanic people, including my wife, her family, and many, many others. The various hispanic cultures typically show more "fire" and "heat" than others, as do several others. Oh, and I can personally tell you about arguing with an hispanic woman. Whew...

No offense meant to you, or anyone else.

8. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Don't forget the other side effect of the warmer weather...

Hot women with less clothes on!!!!

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

haha w3rd!

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

:) Just goes to show you that there is more fighting in the football stands, (and in this case the local area) than on the football field! This is a good solution to what probably was a bloody day for many.

Good luck to you and your country!

11. Chomolungma macrumors regular

I'm willing to extend this stereotype further into something more real. In Northern Ireland, the IRA set bombs and leave to let it explode, whereas, Hamas and other in Palistine blow themself up.

There is something about machismo, hotbloods or people with tobasoc sauce in their blood :D that is easily prone to bazaar violence. I get a feeling that I'm going to get flame:D

The poster boy of the hotbloods would be Joe Pesci.